Every little while when I'm BBMing someone my text freezes and I have to quit the conversation and type everything again, however when I quit and reutrn to the conversation I can't see what i'm typing and can only see what im typing when someone else starts a conversation with me and it pops up on the screen of my other conversation. What can I do to minimize it it's been happening every half hour recently.
    12-26-09 03:03 AM
    I'd start with a battery pull and take it from there...
    12-26-09 06:50 AM
    This has been happening to me constantly. The text disappears but you can still type and send - you just can't see anything you're typing. The only remedy is a battery pull. This is so damn annoying and needs to be fixed ASAP!!! I'm having to pull my battery like 10 times a day because of this BBM bug.
    12-29-09 06:10 PM
    I have the same problem! Even bbm .57 has the same problem. I wonder if RIM is even aware of the problem.
    12-29-09 08:41 PM
    I hav e the same problem - it occurs most frequently when I use emoticons. Usually I finish sending the message blind, then end the specific chat. Re-opening a new chat seems to clear the problem until it happens again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 05:17 AM
    It's a problem with spellcheck as you type on older OS's.
    01-04-10 02:39 PM
    So ... does changing the spell check options fix it?
    02-08-10 09:17 PM
    As far as I can tell it happens if you have "Check Spelling As You Type" enabled on any non 5.0 OS. So if you disable that option it'll probably work (but you won't, obviously, have spellcheck). You can disable it device-wide in the Options screen.

This is why b56 was released without spellcheck enabled on those OSs, to try and fix this bug, but then people complained there was no spellcheck, so it was re-enabled for b57.

Ultimately though, you should just get a phone capable of running OS 5.0
    02-12-10 02:05 PM