My BBIM froze up as it has many times. I turned off my phone and took out my battery and when I rebooted my BBIM was gone.

Ive tried several times to download it back to my phone and it says my phone does not support BBIM.

Can anyone please give me any help?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    12-04-09 08:45 AM
    How are you trying to download it? Try the web from the device directly, go to http://www.blackberry.com/messanger

Also you might try deleting it first, go to Options, then Advanced, then Applications, scroll to BBM, highlight it, then press the BB button and select delete. THEN try installing it as described above.

Lastly try an HRT reset, Options, Advanced, Host Routing, press BB and select Register Now.

Moving thread to Native Apps
    12-04-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks PK. I tried your first 2 suggestions (before you even responded). I thought by deleting it...it may let me download it again. Then when that didnt work...I felt like a fool for deleting it.

I just tried your register now suggestion and tried downloading it again and it still didnt work. Im doing it straight through the BB Help website and it says...

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger."

If you have any other suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ryan
    12-04-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD