10-27-09 03:44 PM
30 12
tools
    After the .328 official upgrade, my BBM 5.0.0.33 has seemed to disappear, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and am currently on my second reinstall of .328, but I am thinking that this time will be the same as the time before, BBM is no where to be found, anyone else having this problem or know anything to try?!?
    10-27-09 12:16 PM
    After the .328 official upgrade, my BBM 5.0.0.33 has seemed to disappear, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and am currently on my second reinstall of .328, but I am thinking that this time will be the same as the time before, BBM is no where to be found, anyone else having this problem or know anything to try?!?
    Is it showing up under apps?
    Options>Applications>Add on
    Did you check the Download, Applications and Messenger folders?
    10-27-09 12:19 PM
    Yes it shows up in Options>Applications>Add on (how ever it is just the blue folder and not the actual BBM Icon) and in the Mac DM but it is not in any of the folders which i have frantically searched numerous times completely puzzled, my friends have friend sending me BBM's and it just says that I am not available...
    10-27-09 12:22 PM
    I'm having the same issue, and it shows up as archived. But when you reinstall it it disappears again. DM installs BBM 4.7 w/ all of the other 5.0 apps and 5.0 OS.
    10-27-09 12:25 PM
    So should I just downgraded back to 4.7 until some sort of patch is made? I really don't want to go back to the old BBM after using the new one for the past few months, but if I its my only option I guess I will...
    10-27-09 12:27 PM
    I'm having the same problem...I am lost with out BBM.
    10-27-09 12:28 PM
    Yes it shows up in Options>Applications>Add on (how ever it is just the blue folder and not the actual BBM Icon) and in the Mac DM but it is not in any of the folders which i have frantically searched numerous times completely puzzled, my friends have friend sending me BBM's and it just says that I am not available...
    Delete it from the add on folder and download it from here: http://m.driftdevilstorm.com/bb/apps...5/5.0/BBM5.jad
    10-27-09 12:28 PM
    downloading now...
    10-27-09 12:37 PM
    And stilll downloading....
    10-27-09 12:47 PM
    It should have finished. If not hit cancel and download from here
    http://www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    10-27-09 12:55 PM
    i found it under bb app world under my world archived
    10-27-09 01:00 PM
    yeah, its archived there, but you can't use it
    10-27-09 01:05 PM
    Check this thread for solution if you have not fixed it yet: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...report-347758/
    10-27-09 01:15 PM
    So its been downloaded, and it archived it again in the downloads folder, happened after the last .328 restore as well... I went to appworld and hit "restore" and it said "BBM 5.0.0.33 already exists would you like to replace with 5.0.0.33" I would think that if it already existed, they wouldn't ask you if you want to replace it, not to mention I deleted BBM before I downloaded from that link that you gave me... Needless to say, after downloading it from that link, and restoring it, it said "There was a problem installing" and then followed by "Blackberry Messenger is archived on your Device Memory and can be restored without downloading" WHICH IS JUST WHAT I DID... I am bout to snap my storm in half... any other ideas?
    10-27-09 01:17 PM
    Check this thread for solution if you have not fixed it yet: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...report-347758/
    "Page Not Found"
    10-27-09 01:18 PM
    "Page Not Found"
    Its working now, takes a few minutes for the link back to work
    10-27-09 01:19 PM
    I just gave up, and did a final delete from the applist under options, then did a battery pull and it popped up... after I deleted it? Seems to be working fine... I am doing another battery pull just to make sure I'm not imagining it...
    10-27-09 01:23 PM
    I just gave up, and did a final delete from the applist under options, then did a battery pull and it popped up... after I deleted it? Seems to be working fine... I am doing another battery pull just to make sure I'm not imagining it...
    Glad you got it working Spencer, its weird little bug, I am sure they will get it fixed soon,
    10-27-09 01:29 PM
    It's not working anymore, finished the battery pull and it was archived again.... I'm completely lost at what to do now
    10-27-09 01:34 PM
    are you downloading from apps central or over the air?
    10-27-09 01:47 PM
    Spencer, first check the folder titled "downloads" If you see an archived or any other version in there, delete from there, it will want you to do a battery pull so do it. Then go to "options" "applications" after that click in the top right hand corner where it says "third party" and change it to "Add Ons". Then find and delete BBM. After the battery pull, type the following link into your phones brower: http://www.prp2.com/bb/Storm/BBM5/BBM5.jad and download the BBM app again, install, battery pull and you should find it under "downloads" folder. Move it from there to your home screen and make sure it is not "hidden" you should be good then... good luck, if the first batt pull does not work, try it again... DO NOT INSTALL IT FROM APP CENTRAL OR APP WORLD whatever BB version is called, seems to be a bug there!!
    Last edited by genenaples; 10-27-09 at 03:49 PM.
    10-27-09 01:54 PM
    FYI, same thing happened to me and my girlfriend's storm. BBM shows up under Applications>Add-on as a blank window. I tried re-installing many times with no luck.

I used desktop manager to get the old 4.7 BBM loaded, but once I upgrade to 5.0.0.33 it dissapears.
    10-27-09 02:25 PM
    I ended up having to DL BBM by going into the browser and going to blackberry.com/messenger. When I tried to DL it from appworld it wouldn't work. So you might want to try that too.
    10-27-09 02:35 PM
    Yeah, still not having any luck here either. I've tried all of the different ways you guys have suggested. Short of wiping back to the stone age, any other thoughts?
    10-27-09 02:37 PM
    I lied...I guess I had not downloaded from the browser...works now....we'll see after a batt pull....
    10-27-09 02:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD