hey guys

i just upgraded from an 8520 to a 9700, huge difference. anyway, i transferred everything over and changed my theme. for some reason when i changed the theme, BBM disappeared and its no where to be found. i went to try and download it and it says its already installed. i went to options>applications and its not in there either. what the **** do i do???
    03-15-10 01:38 PM
    battery pull.

if not uninstall and download the new version through app world.
    03-15-10 02:20 PM
    battery pull.

if not uninstall and download the new version through app world.

are you serious? did you read ANY of my post?
    03-15-10 02:37 PM
    Might sound obvious. But are any of your applications hidden? If so, "Menu" > "Show All"
    03-15-10 02:44 PM
    Check your instant messaging folder. That's where BBM ends up by default when you change themes.
    03-15-10 02:44 PM
    thanks for the literate replies.

none of my applications are hidden, and BBM isn't in the instant messaging folder.
    03-15-10 03:00 PM
    Well then you may have to uninstall/reinstall BBM and hope it shows up again. I have no idea what caused it to disappear without the phone in front of me, but reinstalling it SHOULD fix it. Even if it says it's already installed when you try to reinstall it, overwrite it and install it again.
    03-15-10 03:17 PM
    yea try connecting it to the desktop manager and go into Application Loader and see if you see BBM in the list there, if it is there, that is quite strange and it should show up in your menu but nonetheless, uninstall it there and try installing again.
    03-15-10 03:38 PM
    Well then you may have to uninstall/reinstall BBM and hope it shows up again. I have no idea what caused it to disappear without the phone in front of me, but reinstalling it SHOULD fix it. Even if it says it's already installed when you try to reinstall it, overwrite it and install it again.
    k i just did this. i got a pop-up after the download completed saying "uncaught exception: missing resource files"

it installed and i have it, im not sure if it works yet though. anyone know what that message means?
    03-15-10 04:08 PM
    well at least I am not the only one. I have been trying to get bbm back for about two weeks now. I first I tried for 2 days straight, uninstalling reinstalling, using master control panel and BBSAK. I wiped it, installed from app world and mobile bb site with no luck. got so upset i went iphone. Iphone is not reliable. Back on bb. Still trying. I did notice my friends bbm modules list 17, when mines show only 11 and only shows in the app list not on my device. any ideas guys, greatly appreciated.
    03-15-10 04:25 PM
    well at least I am not the only one. I have been trying to get bbm back for about two weeks now. I first I tried for 2 days straight, uninstalling reinstalling, using master control panel and BBSAK. I wiped it, installed from app world and mobile bb site with no luck. got so upset i went iphone. Iphone is not reliable. Back on bb. Still trying. I did notice my friends bbm modules list 17, when mines show only 11 and only shows in the app list not on my device. any ideas guys, greatly appreciated.
    sounds like your problem is a little more complicated than mine, re-installing fixed everything i was even able to restore my contacts.
    03-15-10 04:57 PM
    thanks for the literate replies.

none of my applications are hidden, and BBM isn't in the instant messaging folder.
    So just download it again. Whats the big deal?
    03-15-10 05:08 PM
    So just download it again. Whats the big deal?
    the big deal is that when trying to install a program you already have installed through app world, it will not give you the option the re-install since you already have it. i have to go to the berry website and get it from there.
    03-15-10 05:19 PM
    the big deal is that when trying to install a program you already have installed through app world, it will not give you the option the re-install since you already have it. i have to go to the berry website and get it from there.
    Doesn't really sound like an issue
    03-15-10 05:22 PM
    Doesn't really sound like an issue
    not anymore
    03-15-10 05:59 PM
    yea tell me about it. lol still trying to find a fix
    03-15-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD