Recently my girlfriend got a blackberry (8520 curve, same as mine) mostly so we could bbm each other as we used a **** of a lot of texts.

all worked well for the first few weeks, but over the past few days, about 1 every 10 messages wont deliver (it shows a tick, but no d/r) and then about 24-48 hours later, we'll get all the non-sent messages in one big go. It's really annoying. It does it to both of us, e.g. we both often have messages which don't send and both get them all in big doses sometimes.

Anyone know how to fix this????
    03-23-10 06:00 AM
    Hey, I and 50% of my contact list are experiencing the same problem! But not only that, some people are receiving messages from buddys they never wrote!

This is totally annoying and strange!

Most of my contacts are located in Europe, are you from Europe?
    03-23-10 06:20 AM
    Yeah, im from the UK! Well i guess it's a good thing we're not alone.
    03-23-10 06:34 AM
    Happening in India as well (Vodafone and Airtel Delhi). Phones affected include 8520, 9000 and 9700 within my circle of friends. Has been happening on and off since the past week and a half... This is really starting to get annoying, and would make me rather switch to an unlimited texts plan than stay on BBM (needed instant emails for a bit... don't need them urgently now, so its only BBM and other messengers that are keeping me on blackberry service)
    03-23-10 10:03 AM
    I think I have the same problem, the message won't even send. My network is perfectly fin,e but the bbm will sent maybe 10-15mins later..

And from now on the phone lags sometimes more then normaly..

I also found out that the email setup has re-appreared in my menu out of nowhere !

strange strange ....
    03-23-10 11:47 AM
    I think it has something to do with the upcoming bis update.

Even if i'm on wifi, messages are not send...
    03-23-10 12:45 PM
    Have RIM made any announcements at all why it's happening? sound's like it's happening to loads of people
    03-23-10 01:52 PM
    RIM announced it for the US. On 28th of March they'll shut down the whole BIS for 4 hours.
    ... And in Europe... maybe they tried to update at running systems... i don't know
    03-23-10 02:04 PM
    So it is a problem from RIM ? Does it work fine in the US ? hopefully they'll do the same "down here"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 02:39 PM
    maybe its all about this.... messenger 5.0.0.65 leaked!

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.65 Leaked Online | PocketBerry
    03-23-10 02:43 PM
    The same is happening with my fianc and I; we're in South Africa though. He doesn't receive all of the messages I send him, but I receive all his messages just fine. It's weird, and extremely annoying!
    03-25-10 08:36 PM
    In Spain we're having issues as well. Some are sent and received, others only show tick and then D/R Show up HOURS later (when they get to the other BB). The good thing abotu using a BB we all just switched over to WLM or Beejive in general. haha. It's a workaround, but I miss my groups. They're all malfunctioning. It ALL started with the LEAK Of the NEW BBM. (-- ....
    03-27-10 08:44 AM
    I've been having problems with bbm for nearly a week now, as have friends of mine. *fingers crossed* they sort it soon, otherwise I'll be converted back to sms ..... lol, maybe not.
    03-27-10 04:09 PM
    same problem also in Middle East, UK and France
    It's came after the BIS upgrade to 3.0
    03-28-10 08:19 AM
    I don't know if the network\BIS (or whatever it is) had been restarted but the BBm service is still having problems for me ...

03-30-10 05:22 AM
    It seems to be working on my side now...

03-30-10 05:28 AM
    Mine seems to be working again now too

03-30-10 07:59 AM
    Not here in the USA, for me anyways. I've had a ton of issues with BBM ever since upgrading to .591. I can't believe Verizon released this crap, and it took them forver to do it. I'm about through with RIM and Verizon.
    04-02-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD