Everytime I try and send this one particular person a bb message it says D but never R, they change status' and display pictures but it will always say D.

Do you think they are not receiving my messages or are they just ignoring me? and if she so how can it always say D?
    05-23-12 04:43 AM
    D means delivered. If you see a check mark with no letter the BBM wasn't received on their end. It was delivered according to the D status.

They may not be reading your messages at all.

They may delete the message, then open the BBM history to read them. This allows them to read the message without actually opening it, thus keeping messages at D status.

Either way, they are ignoring you by not replying.

I'd try sending them an email or calling them if it's a friend or family member to make sure their BlackBerry is working (sounds like it is) and what's up with the no replies.

If it's a virtual "friend" you're probably best to delete them and move on. They don't wanna talk.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-23-12 at 04:54 AM.
    una_0391 likes this.
    05-23-12 04:50 AM
    D means delivered. If you see a check mark with no letter the BBM wasn't received on their end. It was delivered according to the D status.

They may not be reading your messages at all.

They may delete the message, then open the BBM history to read them. This allows them to read the message without actually opening it, thus keeping messages at D status.

Either way, they are ignoring you by not replying.

I'd try sending them an email or calling them if it's a friend or family member to make sure their BlackBerry is working (sounds like it is) and what's up with the no replies.

If it's a virtual "friend" you're probably best to delete them and move on. They don't wanna talk.
    Thanks for answering, it was a person I trying to get to know, its just going to be awkward every time I see at my local bank where he works lol.
    05-23-12 05:00 AM
    Why not ask him what the deal is then? It may be a misunderstanding. He may be busy, he may be ignoring you, he may have switched BlackBerry devices and didn't know how to transfer BBM contacts.

There's a lot of possibilities. But you won't know til you ask, and that's probably the adult thing to do.

Or..delete him! And move on happily. You don't want to waste your time on someone who isn't putting any effort into it, right?

Maybe he got an iPhone and you're sending BBMs to his mom. Lol.
    una_0391 likes this.
    05-23-12 05:07 AM
    Actually thats not true because ive found out with one of my contacts that they said they were sending me messages but i actually was never getting them and so it just showed D on their end. So it could be issues with the network.
    05-23-12 07:30 AM
    there are apps to peek the bbm message, i forgot the name but CB used to have a contest to win that apps

and sometimes if you bbm with PB, it stays D even if you reply the person

but i dont think those two tricks are your case, maybe check that person BB, if it's really old model (os 4), then that's the problem

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    05-23-12 07:38 AM
    That's why I suggest just asking the person what is up?

Then OP will know for sure.

Call email or at the bank!
    05-23-12 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD