Hi, got my 8520 a few weeks ago, but only recently got BIS up and running properly.

The last few days while chatting on BBM - every now and then, my messages would have a long delay of 5-10 minutes (red clock) before actually sending!

I turned my phone off and turned it back on, and I received messages from my contacts all at once, which indicates there's some sort of delay.

When The arrows in the top right corner off the phone flash (data? i assume), that's when my messages seem to go through properly. Sometimes I have to actually browse an application like FaceBook or Twitter to get the data flowing properly for my BBM messages to come through.

Anyone know what the problem is? I'm on ORANGE (UK, Pay As You Go) if that helps. My phone has GPRS (capitals) in the top corners. I have no TCP/IP (APN) settings.

PS. When chatting in BBM, what do the little 'D' and 'R' letters next to the 'tick' stand for?
    Last edited by JMEserious; 10-21-10 at 08:06 AM.
    10-21-10 08:02 AM
    The letter "D" stands for "Delivered" which is that the person you are chatting with has received your message and the letter "R" stands for "Read" which is that the person you sent the message has already read it.
    10-21-10 08:15 AM
    try to upgrade your blackberry Messanger Version, Hope it helps
    10-21-10 09:38 AM
    The letter "D" stands for "Delivered" which is that the person you are chatting with has received your message and the letter "R" stands for "Read" which is that the person you sent the message has already read it.
    Thank You.

try to upgrade your blackberry Messanger Version, Hope it helps
    Thanks, I had 5.0, but have just downloaded an upgrade from AppWorld.

Any other suggestions failing that? Thanks.
    10-21-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD