Hi,

I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm subscribed to BIS on Saudi Telecom (STC). The package includes 5MB free when roaming.

I'm travelling to Los Angeles on Sunday and I wanted to know whether this would be enough for me to use BBM & email for a good week or so?

If so, is there any way to know when the 5MB are finished so that I don't start eating away at my credit?

Thanks!
    01-28-11 08:14 AM
    It should be good depending on how much you use BBM but the Telcom provider should be able to tell you how much data you have used
    ramyk likes this.
    01-28-11 08:47 AM
    Hi,

I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm subscribed to BIS on Saudi Telecom (STC). The package includes 5MB free when roaming.

I'm travelling to Los Angeles on Sunday and I wanted to know whether this would be enough for me to use BBM & email for a good week or so?

If so, is there any way to know when the 5MB are finished so that I don't start eating away at my credit?

Thanks!

5MB should be good for 1 week on the following conditions

- Your Friends/family don't send you images, video clips, voice notes
    - you don't download attachments, or images in your emails

I survived a week in the US on 4MB BBMing and emailing heavily, but everything was txt based, and no web browsing to speak of
    ramyk likes this.
    01-28-11 08:52 AM
    It should be good depending on how much you use BBM but the Telcom provider should be able to tell you how much data you have used
    Cool, Thanks!!

Btw the service provider won't tell me my data usage while i'm in the country let alone while i'm roaming lol

5MB should be good for 1 week on the following conditions

- Your Friends/family don't send you images, video clips, voice notes
    - you don't download attachments, or images in your emails

I survived a week in the US on 4MB BBMing and emailing heavily, but everything was txt based, and no web browsing to speak of
    Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted to hear
    01-28-11 08:56 AM
    5mb will be enough, a text bbm uses 2-3kb, try not to send many photos and if you do send them in the smallest format, disable "download images automatically" and "automore" settings for email and you're good to go.
    A newslatter html type of email with lots of images can use a lot of data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD