06-06-11 05:55 AM
31 12
tools
    Is the my Verizon app still only work on 3G or does it now give you all data including Wifi?

Before it wanted WiFi turned off to run.
    for android it works on wifi too now. Not sure about the BB version.
    06-03-11 01:45 PM
    Ya I liked that when I was on the Droid 2.

But......

I always got the message to disable wifi when using their app on my 9650. I have not loaded it back on yet, and figured I would ask here since we are talking about data usage.
    06-03-11 02:01 PM
    Wow, I went back to OS5 on my 9700(accidentally, don't ask lol) and I just discovered that the OS5 browser uses less data by far. I've been browsing for 20 minutes and I haven't even used 1mb yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 04:27 AM
    I'm grandfathered on an unlimited AT&T so I don't worry about going over. That said, I was blown away by the difference in data usage between the Atrix and the BB. While there has been discussion on the forum about whether data compression on the BB is or isn't an important selling feature, the fact is that bandwith is a finite resource and carriers will charge more if you go over your limit....the law of supply and demand would be applicable.
    So, keeping a good eye on data usage if you're not on unlimited would, of course, be important. I hadn't thought of getting it until now. I just might.
    Thanks, dispatcher.
    06-06-11 05:35 AM
    I'm grandfathered on an unlimited AT&T so I don't worry about going over. That said, I was blown away by the difference in data usage between the Atrix and the BB. While there has been discussion on the forum about whether data compression on the BB is or isn't an important selling feature, the fact is that bandwith is a finite resource and carriers will charge more if you go over your limit....the law of supply and demand would be applicable.
    So, keeping a good eye on data usage if you're not on unlimited would, of course, be important. I hadn't thought of getting it until now. I just might.
    Thanks, dispatcher.
    Would you visit Ireland with the Atrix? I know Orange UK were charging my wife 8 per 1mb when she went to New York and she managed to stay below 2mb in a week. That's where you really appreciate the data compression. Anyone I know with a blackberry just keep their phone as it is when roaming and keep using it, all others turn data off, wait for wifi or buy a local sim card which is ok but you get a new number that nobody knows and it would cost a fortune for people from back home to call you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 05:49 AM
    Actually, last time I went home on holiday (Bearna) I just got a SIM card in Galway City. I was with family so I didn't really use my phone much.
    I would imagine that having uncompressed data would be prohibitive in terns of expense. I would have tried to simpy use a SIM card while there in the same way I did with my BB.
    I was in Germany last month for work and I didn't even bother getting a SIM card. It was a short work trip, so I just relied on my work phone which is on BES and my personal laptop.
    06-06-11 05:55 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD