Hi everyone, prospective BB user here . I had a couple of questions about using BBM (and maybe other IM clients) before I went ahead with considering purchasing a BB. I have been scrounging the Internet about this, but am just confused, so here's hoping someone can help me out.

I am currently on a prepaid plan in Singapore (Singtel), and so if I just pop in my SIM into a BB, will BBM work? I have Internet access via GPRS on my Nokia currently, so would it be possible to use BBM with just Internet access, or is it absolutely necessary to have a postpaid BB data plan?

Also, with a BB, is it possible to use BBM over Wifi? I am in Wifi hotspots for most of the day, so it could be useful, I guess.

Sorry if I sound like a newbie, but that's what I am. Cheers!
    10-24-10 10:09 PM
    BBM will not automagically work. You need to be on a BIS plan.

I don't think it works just on wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 10:13 PM
    Thanks a lot. Well, that sucks, so I figure I gotta find a good postpaid BB plan now if I want to get a BB
    10-24-10 10:16 PM
    OK, so been looking all day and found a data plan I like. Gives me 12GB generic data and 3GB BB data for a decent price. Now my question is, with such a plan can the BB still access its data services (like BBM) through Wifi? Because if that's the case, then I don't think I will be making much of a dent in that 3GB of data available, so could try to find a better deal.
    10-25-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD