I'm dying, someone please help. I'm on the verge of pre-ordering an Iphone as bbm is one of the few things keeping me on my bbry and for the last 4 months it has worked sparsely at best and for the last 3 days its isn't working at all.

Here's what's going on: I launch BBM it works sluggishly for abt 10 seconds, ultimately locks up and gives me an uncaught exception error in qm_peer, then if you try and relaunch phone locks up UEE's again and then simply won't launch it again. All other functionality in the unit is perfect

Here's what I'm currently running:
    OS 5.0.0.586 - upgraded today
    BBM 5.0.0.57 - downgraded from 5.0.0.65 upon recc from the helpful people here

Here's what I've already tried and have gotten the same result:
    Battery pull (obviously)

As this has been going on for months now, gone thru 4 OS updates and am on the most current from my carrier, i thought perhaps using a non-tmo OS had something to do with it, appears that it doesn't

Deleted entire BBM contact list re-added One-by-One...that worked right until I rebooted the phone then it started seizing again

Wiped BBry - reloaded OS, readded key databases one by one with a reboot in between each one, whether or not I started with BBM or ended with it...it crashed out once I rebooted

Additionally, I changed phones out early in the process after trying all the above and have done all of this on a new handset with the same result.

Any guidance would be incredibly appreciated especially if someone out there can think of something I haven't tried...I just don't understand what would be causing this and if someone has an idea I haven't tried, I'm open to it as I'm at my wit's end here...and really don't want to not have a bbry

Thanks for the help,

Zac
    06-15-10 07:35 PM
    Shooting in the dark here! Can you remove your service books, reboot then resend the service books again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 07:48 PM
    Have you contacted customer service for your carrier and explained? Don't give up on BB over 1 feature. Its rare thst happens and it will be fixed. That's a perk with joining the BB family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 07:49 PM
    spent hours with TMO and its driving me nuts, I've been a bbry user since '99...i feel like this started when I added my assistant to my account, anyone ever had this problem with two bbrys on one account...is it possible that this is the issue?
    06-15-10 08:30 PM
    There could be some mix-up in the communication...that's why I suggested what I had!
    06-15-10 08:41 PM
    I'd be going crazy too, I'm all about the BBM, but don't give up because your phone is one in a million and BBM is going crazy. I'd bug the crap outta my carrier till the fixed it or sent me a new phone or something
    06-15-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD