Ive been trying to figure this out. bbm 5

Ok, so bbm saves your chat history. This is all nice and dandy. But when I go back and look at my history...some of my friends have chats saved all the way back to 2009 and some only save into last month. My girlfriend in particular, our chats only seem to save for a little over a month.

Is there a size limit to the save file? I cant find any options for how long it should save for.

A 2nd question: is there any way to delete part of a bbm conversation from the phone. Any delete options Ive seen delete the entire users history. I know you can use the computer to go in and edit the txt file, but is there any way somebody could do this from the phone?
    06-27-10 05:49 PM
    The backup file is just a CSV file. I don't think there are utilites built within BBM to parse the data. But since you can easily edit the file on PC/Mac, you should be able to backup/edit and store whatever chat history you want.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-27-10 09:24 PM
    we are trying to figure it out. She bbm's here best friend all day practically and their history only seems to go back for like 4 days.
    06-27-10 09:43 PM
    Same question here.

It seems like the chats with my gf get cut off after a certain amount as well.
    I've also checked inside the .old file but the old ones seem to get erased too.

1) Is there any way to have the chat history saved without the old ones being over written?

2) Also is there any way to recover the old chats (the over written chats)?

thanks in advance.
    09-07-10 11:04 PM
    same problem

some of my friends have chats saved all the way back to 2009 and some only save into last month
    12-20-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD