I changed devices, bought a Torch. Did device switch manager etc.. bbm contacts did transfer. in about 10 minutes the display pictures updated.. but i cant talk to any contact... i know they all work, but if i talk to anyone it says "delete or re invite" this happens to all of them.. why? i've changed devices before and this never happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 07:41 AM
    sounds like something went funky. What happens if you click to "re-invite"? Do you wind up with duplicate contacts on bbm then?
    It sounds like the contacts were transfered but the "connection" was lost during the transfer.

12-30-10 07:48 AM
    My gf has the same problem, she changed devices 2 days ago and the carrier did the device switch, and it's the same.

When I add them, the get off my list and go as "pending" then re-incorporate to my list. But to them I do appear as a duplicate.

12-30-10 08:02 AM
    My gf has the same problem, she changed devices 2 days ago and the carrier did the device switch, and it's the same.

When I add them, the get off my list and go as "pending" then re-incorporate to my list. But to them I do appear as a duplicate.

very weird, I haven't heard of this happening that I can recall, my memory is shot lol. and this has never happened to me.
    When you appear as duplicate to them, if they delete "one" of you does the other still stay & is active at that point? Or do "both" of you disappear?
    If "one" stays on their bbm contact list as active, you may unfortunately have to go down your whole list and re-add everyone. Or perhaps you can delete Bbm, batt pull, re-install, batt pull again and then reload from your backup. I'm not sure which would be more beneficial to you.

12-30-10 08:11 AM
    The reason for this is the separate PINs. It happened to me when I transferred from my old broken 8520 to my new working 8520. All got deleted, eventually, and had to be re-invited. But strangely enough, some of them DID work in the transfer. Thank god for Cloud Backups using email xD
    12-30-10 08:20 AM
    As I put more thought into this, you could also delete all of your contacts and remotely activate the back up feature thru bbm IF you've ever set up your email in the past to do this with bbm.
    ( the wheels turn slowly in my brain but do get there lol. )

12-30-10 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD