Hi
    My bbm used to have my contacts pin and email info if the person was already on my contact list. Recently I backed up my contacts and when I did a restore all my email info was gone. The only one remaining was an old email address of a contact with a changed address that was already changed in my contact list.
    I did not add any emails by myself, the phone did it automatically so there is no option in bbm to do it. It's not critical, but was handy to have it on hand.
    Any help?
    09-06-11 05:55 AM
    I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "bbm used to have my contacts pin and email info". Are you referring to having your BBM contacts linked to your contacts in your device address book?

If so, once you have all your BBM contacts linked to contacts in your address book, back them up via BBM by going to Menu>Options>Back Up from your BBM home screen. You can also do this via the desktop software, but I personally prefer doing it from my device.

Then make sure you have your contacts backed-up as well. I used Google to sync my contacts, and haven't had any problems with information disappearing. Although the first time I did perform a sync, it was quite the mess. But once I cleaned it up, it was good to go after that.

But this was how I did it when I had my 8520 and it worked fine, even when I switched to my 9650 it kept all my info in place ;-)

Hope this helps :-)
    09-07-11 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD