I rebooted my phone to take an application off, and when it came back on all of my BBM contacts had dissappeared , and it has the BBM icon on the front like I have a new message but nothing is in there!! WTH caused my contacts to disappear , the app I deleted had nothing to do with BBM! ********* Just turned it off and back on again and now there all back! WTF is up with that!!! Now I am totally confused !
    Last edited by eishas; 02-02-10 at 09:18 AM. Reason: they came back
    02-02-10 09:14 AM
    Sounds like a minor glitch from the app delete. Make sure you're registered for remote back up, and you needent worry about even loosing BBM all together.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 09:26 AM
    Its a "feature" in the newest BBM version. Go into settings, check and uncheck an option and save. then the contacts will be back. It happens every so often on reboots for me.
    02-02-10 09:47 AM
    That's a new one on me. What device and OS are you using, and was it installed in or out of App World. I'd delete it, and install it again, but not from bloody App World.

I hear tell youre doin well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

02-02-10 10:12 AM
    What this the version of bbm that caused the two last massive outtages?
    02-02-10 01:52 PM
    What this the version of bbm that caused the two last massive outtages?
    No, that was purportedly "caused" by 55 and 56. Those were leaked BBM from leaked OS. 57 is the one that RIM requested everyone install to prevent crashes.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-02-10 02:00 PM
    Does the email back restor new contacts if not how do u get your new ones backed up, also if u set the security setting to ask u about adding someone when does it give u the option to put the question in?

02-02-10 10:56 PM
    Restore will always keep it current. I've never used the security question, seemed pointless to me.

02-02-10 11:00 PM
    i dont know how often it auto-backs up to the email. i have never lost a contact to my knowledge though so i would assume often. probably after a new one is added or deleted at least
    02-02-10 11:01 PM
    Hate this happened to you but glad its not just me! I lose contacts on every battery pull or reset. Save your contacts to your media card in options.. The email backup and auto save kept reseting my contacts and drove me crazy.

02-03-10 06:47 AM
    Cosigning with Ivy, happens to me so often that it's become a routine with resets. I do have to wonder if RIM even knows that it's happening and/or do they care?
    02-03-10 07:02 AM
    i havent informed them of the issue. I know it happens every so often to 2 of my friends also. Like i said its an easy fix just be going into the options, clicking a setting and unchecking. Then save the 'changes' and the contacts are back
    02-03-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD