Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the PIN goes with the phone or the simcard / subscriber? So, if you buy a used phone and re apply for a new BBM contract would you get a new PIN from them so you won't have the BBM contacts of the previous owner? or the PIN goes with the phone? so no matter what simcard it's still all the same?

thanks !
    09-27-10 01:27 AM
    The pin is attached to the phone, no changing it, but as long as previous owner wipes it clean you'll have no problems hope that helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 03:28 AM
    okaay got it! so if he deleted all his contacts on this phone then people should re add me first before they can send messages right?

thanks! but I feel it would have been better if a certain person has his own PIN when using any blackberry device.
    09-27-10 11:02 AM
    the PIN is like an IP Address. It is how your device is located/identified by the BlackBerry network. Don't be mistaken, your network (T-mobile, AT&T, etc.) use the information on the sim card to locate/identify your device. When you move your sim to a different device, you take your network info with you, but will have to use whatever PIN is on the new device (thus re-inviting bbm contacts, etc.)
    09-27-10 11:23 AM
    Futurebbm, you are correct, if the owner wiped his bbm list clean the users can't not message you with out re authorization

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 11:28 AM
    the easiest way is to use remote back up, your contacts and groups will be linked to your email address. in that way it's easier to restore your bbm contact, etc when you get a different device. and yea, like the previous posts had mentioned, each device has its own permanent pin.
    09-27-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD