hi x i bought a blackberry curve yesterday and im trying to add my mate on blackberry messaging. so i added his PIN and it says its pending on my phone but it hasnt come up on his phone saying that i have added him so i deleted his PIN thing and he added my PIN but it hasnt come up on my phone so now i dont no wot to do. HELP x
    05-02-10 06:31 AM
    Sounds like your account may not be activated on BIS. Check with your carrier to be sure you have a BlackBerry data plan in place.
    05-02-10 06:56 AM
    I agree with sedalia, as my friend had the same problem, she called up her carrier and they hadnt activated it after her last contract, it took like 24 hours for it to go into action, and it worked. hope this helps.
    05-02-10 08:40 AM
    I have a different but kinda the same problem. Can someone try to help me?

I have a contact who has me in his list. I do not have him in mine. He has tried to delete me. BBM won't let him. I try to send invite, bbm will only let him DECLINE.

When he tries to send invite, it does nothing.

I have cleared my bbm database by plugging into my PC, using DM and clearing database and restoring contacts. It restored him with an old PIN, which I deleted and tried to reinvite based on a new PIN. No dice.

Are we destined to use SMS forever?

Any ideas?

I have BBM 5.0.0.57...
    OS 4.5.0.175/with .131 radio files
    never had this problem until yesterdays BIS outage which is STILL ON FOR ME HERE IN NY

Suggestions please??????
    05-20-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD