To start off I would like to say I've google'd and searched many forums for a solution to this

When i restore my bbm contact list on a new device, all of my contacts are restored but my pin does not update on most of my contact's bbm lists so when i msg them i get the notification that i am not on their contact list and i have to reinvite everyone individually which is quite frustrating because i have over 200 contacts

things i have tried but did not work:
    -restore from email
    -restore using blackberry manager
    -leaving all my bb groups, back up and then restore
    -logging into my world on app world, registering the new pin with my world and restoring
    -registering host routing table through advanced options

please help i do not want to reinvite everyone again >.<
    02-01-11 01:54 PM
    To start off I would like to say I've google'd and searched many forums for a solution to this

When i restore my bbm contact list on a new device, all of my contacts are restored but my pin does not update on most of my contact's bbm lists so when i msg them i get the notification that i am not on their contact list and i have to reinvite everyone individually which is quite frustrating because i have over 200 contacts

things i have tried but did not work:
    -restore from email
    -restore using blackberry manager
    -leaving all my bb groups, back up and then restore
    -logging into my world on app world, registering the new pin with my world and restoring
    -registering host routing table through advanced options

please help i do not want to reinvite everyone again >.<
    I had the same issue weeks ago. No solution yet until now. Most have said it's the RIM server issue.
    02-01-11 03:02 PM
    Can you please explain how you backup and restore, when you've used those terms?
    There are more than 1 way, and that might be the root of the problem.
    (Or maybe not, but let's rule some stuff out at least.)
    02-01-11 05:15 PM
    Has anyone managed to figure out the solution? I think I will have the same issue
    08-24-11 04:29 PM
    Yes i had same problem...i change to new bold9900 and did device transfer via DesktopManager and my mistake i wipe my old blackberry before backup over wireless.
    Now my problem same as bbmdout, some of the contact update, but most of them not.
    Please help how to solve...
    Thanks
    09-13-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD