Hi all,
    I got a brand new tour as a replacement today and put bbm 5.0 on it. I selected "restore contact list" and a message came up that said I was being registered on the bbm network and it would take a few minutes. Well...11 hours later, still no contact list, and that message is still there. I'd hate to re-add all of my contacts. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 10:13 PM
    Did u save your contact list to your Media Card or Device memory?
    What ver. OS are u running?
    11-02-09 10:15 PM
    I am running the stock 4.7.
    I saved to media card as well....on all 3 replacements I've had. This is the first time I've run into this issue.
    Also: I've never been able to access the saved list on the memory card....it just keeps cycling through the menu when I try to access it.

11-02-09 10:20 PM
    As posted ALL over the forums, there are many issues with BBM right now with avatars and list saving and restoring. This appears to be on RIM's end and everyone is anxiously awaiting a fix.
    11-02-09 10:21 PM
    As posted ALL over the forums, there are many issues with BBM right now with avatars and list saving and restoring. This appears to be on RIM's end and everyone is anxiously awaiting a fix.
    He's right! By the way...did u see if u can access the saved file by going to media and "explore" just to at least see if its there?
    11-02-09 10:27 PM
    Ok my fault. I see that now. Thank you for responding regardless.

I did try t "explore"....nothing.

11-02-09 10:51 PM
    Yeah I had literally the exact same issue recently. Hopefully rim comes up with a fix soon.

11-02-09 10:56 PM
    Quite disappointing...definitely not where RIM should be with its technology right now.

11-02-09 11:00 PM
    i managed to restore my contacts to the same device but now that i need to restore them to a different device its not working.
    11-12-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD