08-16-11 11:19 AM
57 123
tools
    I had this exact same issue (it was covered on a podcast)
    delete the person.
    have them delete you.
    re-invite via pin # and NOT email.....
    since then no issues for me, but both of you have to do it.

using 5.0.57 as well.

Tried it. Doesn't work...
    03-04-10 05:18 PM
    tried again last night....still nothing. now another friend of mine's telling me the same thing started happening to him....idk whats happening here
    03-05-10 08:32 PM
    Has anyone called VZW (or your respective carrier) about this?
    03-07-10 01:59 PM
    i havent based on the fact that this problem stretches across multiple carriers, and i feel like this is more of a BIS issue than a network issue somehow
    03-08-10 10:44 AM
    I talked with a guy from RIM - patched through by VZW - and he said he hadn't heard of this before. I told him I wasn't alone and directed him to Crackberry, but he didn't seem to interested.

Oh, and he didn't help, it's still happening.
    03-08-10 01:59 PM
    Just out of curiosity, which OS is everyone running that this is happening to u?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 02:00 PM
    Tried it. Doesn't work...
    wipe device?
    Verizon is sending me a new curve (still 8330)
    They said that bbm 5.0 really shouldn't have been released on the original curve because of various issues.
    03-08-10 02:04 PM
    ive tried wipes...ive loaded 5 different OS's on this phone since it started happening to no avail, including 2 versions of 4.7.1. i'm now moving on to hybrids, hopefully that'll stop the problem
    03-09-10 03:11 PM
    I'm also experiencing the same issue. Have wiped my blackberry, reinstall bbm completely, tried adding all contacts manually, but the problem is still there.. this is really really annoying.. has anyone find a solution?
    03-09-10 03:49 PM
    any updates anyone? this is still going on and it's really been bugging me and im sure all you guys too
    03-11-10 04:16 PM
    This is happening with me also, with one bbm contact only. I keep disappearing (daily) from her contact list and we have to "re-invite" each other. ANNOYING!!!!!

Running .320 official OS (verizon). Never used any OS other than official.
    03-13-10 08:19 AM
    idk if this means anything for anyone, but i installed the 5.0.0.548 for my tour and the issue went away, its been 2 days now with no problems :fingers crossed:
    03-15-10 12:36 AM
    Nobody has resolution to this?

I've only started using BBM in the last week and a half (had a Berry for 1 1/2 years though), and this morning my contacts are all gone. In fact, all that shows now is:

Blackberry Groups
    Create New Group
    Scan a Group Barcode

Old BBM's from prior to last night show in Messages... but everything is gone from BBM. The only thing I have done is installed Quickpull Lite yesterday (during the day) and last night was my first scheduled reset. Any chance this is causing the problem?
    03-16-10 07:15 AM
    try deleting the app, then doing a physical battery pull. it may or may not work, but it's worth a shot.
    03-16-10 11:45 AM
    You can try to:
    Both delete each other off BMM. Make sure you both do it.
    Do a battery pull, might help the BB rid your device of the other person's info.
    Re-add via PIN.

This happen to me, did the above and everything seems to be working.

Was also the way I fixed my issues of not getting the display pics to show up for some ppl.

All seems to work properly now. Even when I install my BBM contacts via the memory card, they all show up correctly.

Good LUCK
    03-16-10 01:16 PM
    I've tried everything and this problem still occurs with 1 contact only (my wife). This happens daily: During the day, I disappear from my wife's bbm contact list and she has to "re-invite" me. She doesn't disappear from my bbm list, but when I try to send her a bbm (when I'm gone from her list), I get a message asking if I need to "re-invite" her to my list.

This does not happen with any other bbm contacts on her phone or mine. This problem started about a month ago, when we both got our storm2's (upgraded when the "fixed screen" was available). This problem has not happened before then. To you BB guru's out there . . . think this could be a cause?

I cant find a fix for this annoying problem and we just "re-invite" each other to bbm EVERY DAY which is very annoying. I'm just waiting for an official OS upgrade and hoping that fixes this problem.

(Running .320 official OS (verizon). Never used any OS other than official)
    Last edited by shinbone; 03-23-10 at 08:22 AM.
    03-23-10 08:19 AM
    At least I am not alone, I have had this same issue for a couple of weeks now. It is only one contact and every day, we need to re-invite. I hope someone posts a solution
    03-31-10 02:55 PM
    finally! found people who have the same problem as me.
    i've been getting this as well.

i'm beginning to think it may have been a storm 2 issue??

i bought a storm 2 and transferred my contacts from my 9700. Ended up not really liking the storm 2 and went back to my trusty 9700 and then i started getting 2 contacts repeatedly who i have to re-invite every 1 or 2 days. it's bloody annoying, come on RIM fix this crap.
    04-02-10 07:13 AM
    in case anyone is wondering, i installed the leaked version of bbm 5.0.0.66 and that didn't fix anything.
    04-07-10 03:28 PM
    Also installed .586 and still the bbm contact deletion occurs.

Has no one else found a solution?
    04-12-10 04:54 AM
    Solution Found

Well i think i found the solution to stop contact deletion. I disabled back up remotely in BBM options by unregistering all email addresses. Because i think some point in the early morning hours the servers back up the contact list or something and screw it up. Did it yesterday and my contact usually gets deleted this morning and didn't!

Let me know how it goes for the rest of you
    Last edited by will1881; 04-13-10 at 05:04 AM.
    04-13-10 04:55 AM
    Will1881... After you disabled it did you do anything else? Didn't work for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 10:15 PM
    i did in fact do other stuff but didn't think it was relevant, but here it goes:

1- did a clean wipe of the phone using bbsak
    2- installed .423 software for 9700 (excluded bbm as it came with an older version)
    3- installed all my back up software from bbsak
    4- installed all my contact details from desktop manager

and here i think is what might be the more relevant part:

5- installed latest version of bbm 5.0.0.57
    6- selected restore contact list remotely.
    7- It told me that i had 2 registered emails for backing up and if it wants to combine all contacts from both these emails. I said yes.
    8- All my contacts were restored, including extra ones i had previously got rid of.
    9- I again removed my unused bbm contacts and added my contact that i had the issue with (because it came up with his old PIN on the restore)
    10- unregistered all emails on backup remotely as i thought this was what was causing the conflict.
    11- waited the next day and no more deletion. This is now day 2 and still fine.
    Last edited by will1881; 04-14-10 at 07:28 AM.
    04-14-10 04:43 AM
    how to unregistered and disabled back up remotely in BBM options?
    04-21-10 11:15 AM
    Solution Found

Well i think i found the solution to stop contact deletion. I disabled back up remotely in BBM options by unregistering all email addresses. Because i think some point in the early morning hours the servers back up the contact list or something and screw it up. Did it yesterday and my contact usually gets deleted this morning and didn't!

Let me know how it goes for the rest of you
    How do you disable back up remotely? I don't remember ever doing this and when I go to this option on my bb it doesn't seem like I ever registered for it. It states " IF you register at least one of the following email addresses with your bbm, you can recover your... blah bljh blah..." which makes me believe that I am not using remote backup and the contact deletion every night is stemming from something else?

Whys it seems there's always a problem with RIM! They need to recruit some smart people like Apple and Google do and stop letting dumbasses fk everything up.

I just got a new phone, because the ota OS upgrade bricked my phone.. how do you release an new OS that bricks peoples phones!? POS
    05-04-10 08:54 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD