tried searching for this issue but not much comes up, one of my contacts Jeff dissapears off my bbm contact list pretty much every day.

Hes just upgraded to a curve 8530 and ive been using a Bold 9700 for a month or so. upgraded all the software (OS 5.0.743 and latest bbm) but he still dissapears. contact is linked to address book contact.

so now everytime he dissapears i have to restore my bbm contact list, which is once a day is extremely annoying.

any ideas?
    06-28-10 01:32 PM
    so its only for this contact?
    maybe its something on his end, im just guessing but if it was something with your phone it would delete all your contacts not just a single one
    06-28-10 10:20 PM
    HA! I had this problem just the other day. Turns out I had a friend I was talkin to via BBM that seemed to disappear from my contact list after conversing w/ her every single time. Well ... turns out, she would delete me after each convo only to request my friendship again the following day when her boyfriend would be away at work lol. LoL She was afraid of her b/f going through her phone
    06-29-10 01:20 AM
    Maybe one of you is deleting the actual contact instead of deleting the conversation? Keep in mind that the contact will be removed at both ends if either party deletes the other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 01:52 AM
    Thing is even if i dont talk to him, just add him one day not msg and **** dissapear the next day. he says on his side that he is not deleting me which is the only explanation on y it dissapears on my end.

this is a good friend of mine and he has said he is not deleting me, so i dont think he is. he also says on his end i am still a contact...

ill ask him to make sure hes updated everything to latest level.

no matter how many times i pull battery or reset the phone once a day i hafta restore bbm contacts, unbeleivably annoying. also we both upgraded our phones within a week of eachother and its only started happening since he got his 8530 and i got my 9700.
    06-29-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD