I have recently bought a blackberry from a friend and would like to know how i can use the bbm app but with a new pin, is this possible as he wants to keep his old pin?

many thanks
    11-28-11 01:51 PM
    nope he can't keep his old pin. when you buy it you have the pin it has.
    each phone > different pin that can't be changed.

if the phone has been restored will all of his contacts from bbm have been deleted? i.e will his old contacts have me as a friend on bbm?
    11-28-11 02:02 PM
    You can delete the contacts... actually wiping the phone is the best idea. He can then restore his contacts on a new phone if he has backed them up.
    11-28-11 02:05 PM
    also i have connected it to my wi-fi and turned roaming data off so i can use the wi-fi but it will not connect and says i need to turn the data roaming etc back on and that uses the gprs or gps or whatever it is rather than my wi-fi, how do i get around this?
    11-28-11 02:10 PM
    Assuming you have a data plan right? If you have 3g on with wifi the data will be routed through wifi and not use your data.
    11-28-11 02:16 PM
    Assuming you have a data plan right? If you have 3g on with wifi the data will be routed through wifi and not use your data.
    im on pay as you go
    11-28-11 02:17 PM
    im on pay as you go
    Im not familiar with pay as you go so maybe someone else can chime in.
    11-28-11 02:24 PM
    i have wifi turned on and also data browsing but it is saying it is still unable to connect to the internet. Is there anything else i need to do?
    11-28-11 02:43 PM
    Is your pay as you go data plan a BB BIS plan? If not you can not use the BB browser on the phone network just wifi. You can D/L a third party browser like Opera Mini that will use your non BIS data plan when away from your wifi. Or else change your phone data plan to a BIS one.

CS
    11-28-11 03:02 PM
    Is your pay as you go data plan a BB BIS plan? If not you can not use the BB browser on the phone network just wifi. You can D/L a third party browser like Opera Mini that will use your non BIS data plan when away from your wifi. Or else change your phone data plan to a BIS one.

CS
    thank you that has sorted my problem
    11-28-11 03:26 PM
    Hi again guys am trying to download some apps for my blackberry but is coming up with a message saying I don't have net.rim.crypto.
    Can you please help me understand what this is and how i get it?

Many thanks
    11-29-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD