Hi All,
    I was hoping someone could answer this question. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700. Yesterday, I updated my software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to version5.0.0.862. After the update, I noticed that all my chats with various people on BlackBerry Messenger were deleted. Is this normal?
    Much thanks!
    09-23-10 08:32 PM
    I had the same thing happen. It's normal to me. It also doesn't hurt to close them either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 09:59 PM
    Hi All,
    I was hoping someone could answer this question. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700. Yesterday, I updated my software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to version5.0.0.862. After the update, I noticed that all my chats with various people on BlackBerry Messenger were deleted. Is this normal?
    Much thanks!
    I've had that happen before and I find that the best way to prevent your BBM conversations from being deleted is to change your chat saving settings under BBM's "options". By default it is set to "never". You can change this to either have them saved to your phone's device memory or to your media card. I've done the latter and it takes up very little space on the card.

Once you do that your BBM settings will remain that way regardless of what OS you upgrade to in the future.
    09-24-10 12:23 AM
    Thanks guys for all of your help!
    09-24-10 08:09 AM
    I've had that happen before and I find that the best way to prevent your BBM conversations from being deleted is to change your chat saving settings under BBM's "options". By default it is set to "never". You can change this to either have them saved to your phone's device memory or to your media card. I've done the latter and it takes up very little space on the card.

Once you do that your BBM settings will remain that way regardless of what OS you upgrade to in the future.
    Good tip! Aside from the fact that I dont like the new layout of the newest BBM..
    09-24-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD