Hey guys,

I'm new here, recently upgraded to a Blackberry Bold 9650 on Verizon, both myself and my Fiance. Anyways, we started using the BBM as we are only alotted 250 SMS each month. We got our new bill and my fiance went over by 260ish SMS, and I had a total of 220ish. It seems as though all our bbm conversations are being sent as SMS. Is there a way to change that? I would prefer to not have the overage charge again.

Thanks,
    matt
    10-19-10 02:53 AM
    I'm on Verizon and never being charged a BBM as an SMS text. On Verizon BBM is part of the $30/$45 data plan.

Are you sure you're using BBM?
    10-19-10 03:43 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, recently upgraded to a Blackberry Bold 9650 on Verizon, both myself and my Fiance. Anyways, we started using the BBM as we are only alotted 250 SMS each month. We got our new bill and my fiance went over by 260ish SMS, and I had a total of 220ish. It seems as though all our bbm conversations are being sent as SMS. Is there a way to change that? I would prefer to not have the overage charge again.

Thanks,
    matt
    hi there! bbm's shouldn't be charged as SMS, you might want to call customer service and have that sorted out. i too am on verizon and use bbm frequently and have never had that issue. hope everything works out for you!
    10-19-10 04:10 AM
    There is an option in the BBM settings to receive texts through BBM if you choose to link the BBM contact to your actual contact in the address book. Therefore if your wife sent a text, it will show up in the BBM convo which can be misleading. That could be a possible reason.
    10-19-10 04:41 AM
    One possibility is that if you've ever used sms to talk to each other, I believe it defaults to keeping the sms message thread in with the bbm messages so perhaps you could be using the wrong thread. The sms thread well have a phone icon by it.

BBM should be included with your bb data plan and will be unlimited. In fact, they don't keep track of it anywhere.
    10-19-10 04:43 AM
    One possibility is that if you've ever used sms to talk to each other, I believe it defaults to keeping the sms message thread in with the bbm messages so perhaps you could be using the wrong thread. The sms thread well have a phone icon by it.

BBM should be included with your bb data plan and will be unlimited. In fact, they don't keep track of it anywhere.
    That's what I was referring to as well, probably just not as clear
    10-19-10 04:47 AM
    That's what I was referring to as well, probably just not as clear
    I know . You snuck in there while I was in the process of posting though and didn't see yours.
    10-19-10 05:21 AM
    Under BBM options under miscellaneous, there's an option that reads:
    "Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts"
    Make sure that's UNCHECKED.

Also a BBM should show a BLUE icon whereas a SMS will show a GOLD icon.
    10-19-10 06:30 AM
    You don't have unlimited Verizon to Verizon text? I thought that was a standard feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD