Hi all.

I'm on the latest BBM with OS. I have to rebuild it yesterday after a bad call to try the My problem is, when everything is back, my BBM contact is back but my group contact never recover. When I tried to run recover from email, it said "Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes" Well, it's more than 24 hours already and it's still not updating my Group contact and I can't force my BBM to recover using email. Any advice on how to get my BBM contact back? I tried to restore using DM and old backup (I backup the whole thing prior to installing but for whatever reason it's not restoring the BBM group, just the BBM Contact. Please help?
    11-19-09 12:55 PM
    Groups can't be restored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:15 PM
    I ran into the same problem after upgrading an OS. When talking to another person who was in the group, he told me it said I WAS still in the group...but I was obviously not in the group on my end, and I couldn't get back in.

What worked was he kicked me out of the group & then re-invited me in, and all was good with the world.
    11-19-09 01:28 PM
    ok. Not the solution I was looking for. Anyone know the reason why the DM backup didn't backup the group? just wondering...
    Last edited by ledude; 11-19-09 at 07:54 PM.
    11-19-09 07:51 PM
    k. Kind of figure it out. I guess this is a noob problem. I found out for whatever reason my backup didn't restore the apps I installed on the previous OS, but it did store the configuration and info on the apps. So what I did was that I reload the OS from scratch (complete wipe out) and restore the backup. What I need to do is, reload the OS, reinstall the apps then restore the backup. Now my group suddenly show a recovery of the previous contacts and groups in my BBM. Kind of make sense even though sounds pretty dumb at the same time. But I got my group back now. O well. Thanks everyone.. :-)
    11-19-09 08:04 PM
    i was facing the same problem too after upgrading the OS.

i got someone to remove and add me back in the group as per the recovery instructions...afterwhich a duplicate group icon appeared and everything is working well except now i have 2 icon for the groups one say "waiting for the group" the other is working perfectly fine...
    11-19-09 08:19 PM
    Yeah I guess the BBM server will update the data once it has reached your que? Mine took about 1 hour after I restored the backup and the group show up after that. Very annoying. Great app but BBM need to learn a lot from MSN messenger or Yahoo Messenger in term of migration like what we went through. :-(
    11-20-09 12:02 PM