Hello, I just wrote an entire thread and somehow FireFox just crashed...

So I have a family member in Lebanon that I used to have in Canada and we BBMed, once he went to Lebanon, BBM stopped working, I deleted and re-added him and he would get my requests but the approval would not come my way.

We tried PIN messaging, I can send and it shows as D, but when he reads it, it doesn't change to R and he can't send any messages as it shows a red X on the message.

We tried everything and even his brother has the same problem with me but other people in Canada have been able to contact him without a problem.

I contacted my carrier and RIM and they said nothing was wrong on my end, what could it be that is causing his messages to not send?

Thanks
    06-19-12 12:54 AM
    Maybe something with the carrier he is using there...
    has he tried to ask them?
    06-19-12 01:12 AM
    I told him to call and he did, but they are not like in Canada where they will resolve an issue just like that. They said it could have been my problem.

What can I do? I told him to call again, is there anything else? Has anyone ever had that problem?

Thanks
    06-19-12 02:30 PM
    Their local cellular providers could be doing a lot of deep packet inspection and filtering thats blocking his ability to respond?
    06-19-12 03:46 PM
    Their local cellular providers could be doing a lot of deep packet inspection and filtering thats blocking his ability to respond?
    So how come I'm the only one in Canada that cannot receive his messages?

Thanks
    06-19-12 07:55 PM
    Does he have your PIN stored in his contacts (address book) under your name? If it is an old PIN stored in your contact info, it possibly could be causing a problem.

Did you block his PIN by mistake. I don't know where you find or edit the list of blocked pins, but you could have accidentally chosen to reject an invite from him and block further requests.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-19-12 at 09:43 PM.
    06-19-12 09:36 PM
    So how come I'm the only one in Canada that cannot receive his messages?

Thanks
    Are you? This would be very useful information to have. Can he contact through BBM anyone else outside of Lebanon? If not, it's most likely his carrier. If yes, then it's your setup.
    06-19-12 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD