Hi, i recently picked up a bold 9700 few weeks back... was wondering if it is possible to use the bbm on the phone's old pin. or if not, is there a way to be able to use bbm on this lost and found bold? like reboot the entire os, or get a new pin for the phone?
    08-29-10 12:50 AM
    Each device has its own one of a kind PIN. Not sure you can switch the PIN... My guess is no.
    08-29-10 01:02 AM
    no you can switchpins she or he is stuck with the new one
    08-29-10 01:08 AM
    no you can switchpins she or he is stuck with the new one
    oh, in that case how do i switch PINS?

otherwise if i cannot switch PINS, how can i enable this device's PIN to be active for bbm usage?

thanks btw
    08-29-10 10:49 AM
    The PIN is hardcoded with the phone. Make sure your blackberry has a blackberry data plan and you should be able to use bbm no problem.
    08-29-10 11:37 AM
    I am not sure exactly what you are talking about. However, a BlackBerry PIN cannot be changed. As said above, it is hardcoded into the phone so you cannot change it. Get a BlackBerry Data Plan and BBM should work fine.
    08-29-10 11:47 AM
    i did get a data plan, but when i tried to add contacts into the bbm, it would not work. status was still on pending for authorisation... thats why i asked for help here
    08-29-10 11:55 AM
    My bbm is working fine, because I have a data plan.
    My friend however, is on Orange pay as you go. The plan without data. His bbm doesn't work.
    But my other friend who has Orange pay as you go, with a data plan in the plan, his her bbm works fine!
    08-29-10 11:58 AM
    Hi, i recently picked up a bold 9700 few weeks back... was wondering if it is possible to use the bbm on the phone's old pin. or if not, is there a way to be able to use bbm on this lost and found bold? like reboot the entire os, or get a new pin for the phone?
    I think that would be a question for Blackberry to answer.Give them a call to see what they would have to say about switching a bbm pin from one blackberry to another.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ironm949; 08-29-10 at 12:40 PM.
    08-29-10 12:36 PM
    You should of done a back-up of your old 9700 via desktop manager and loaded it onto your new one. I did this and when i went onto my BBM contacts it worked as it did before, either it automatically configured my old contacts with the new PIN or it sent out my new pin to my contacts without me knowing. All good tho.
    08-29-10 01:35 PM
    Quite simply you cannot change a pin on a blackberry.. Each blackberry has a unique pin and that is that.

If your bbm isn't working, I would suggest calling your carrier for support. Can you do pin to pin messaging?
    08-29-10 02:59 PM
    i havent tried pin to pin msging before. how do i do that?
    09-02-10 10:42 AM
    i havent tried pin to pin msging before. how do i do that?
    Go onto the Messages app, press the Menu button, and select Compose PIN. Put the PIN you wish to message in the "To:" field and message away! I barely use PIN messaging, but it's a cool feature to have.
    09-02-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD