My dad recently gave me his old Blackberry 8320 on Orange. I thought BBM would already be on but when I try to add contacts it only says:

"Pending waiting for authorization"

I have tried everything. I have called Orange and BlackBerry but it's still not working.

Do I have to top-up 5 a month for it? (I already top-up but nothing happens

Can anyone help me?

- In regards, Joshua.
    03-19-11 03:46 PM
    Are you able to send a PIN message directly to the person. In the messages folder press menu, select Compose PIN, and send directly to the PIN device. If that fails then you could possibly be using a device with NO BB data plan. But I am positive that would have been checked already.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 03-29-11 at 11:37 PM.
    03-19-11 03:50 PM
    I was in the same place as you last week. My mum's boss gave me his old BlackBerry Curve 8320, and I had to phone Orange Customer Services (450) to ask for my BlackBerry Bundle to be activated, which it was after just a couple of hours after the call ended. If you cannot figure it out, I would reccomend going to your local Orange store and ask their advice. I take it you are using the phone with an Orange SIM card?
    03-19-11 06:05 PM
    Sorry for the late reply.

I can't send PIN messages and i'm using an Orange SIM. I've called 450 many times but I don't know what options to pick so can you please tell me in detailed instructions?

03-29-11 01:25 PM
    Go to an Orange store. Ask them to activate the BlackBerry PAYG plan (BIS) for you (you'll have to top 5/month to keep it working).

BBM will only work if you have BIS enabled on the phone.
    Confused_Addict likes this.
    03-30-11 09:23 AM
    Sorry for the amount of questions...

What is BIS?
    03-30-11 01:16 PM
    BIS = Blackberry Internet Service

If you are not on BIS you would be on a company/corporate BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server or service.

Most retail consumers are BIS
    Many company issued BB's are on BES
    03-30-11 04:15 PM
    OK, sorry one more question... :$

How do I check if i have BIS on my phone?
    03-30-11 04:56 PM
    The answer was given in post number 3.

You need to call and ask for the BlackBerry Bundle to be activated.
    03-30-11 05:01 PM
    Still doesn't work D:
    04-06-11 02:23 PM