My wife has a friend in Canada with a BB. If she uses my phone to BBM her while tethered to a playbook will there be additional charges? I'm on ATT.
    Also, anyone know if the voice chat through BBM will support international.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nophix; 01-25-11 at 02:54 PM.
    01-25-11 02:51 PM
    No. One of the nice things about BBM is that there are no additional charges when chatting with folks in other countries. I have contacts from all over the world, including Canada.

01-25-11 02:54 PM
    No. One of the nice things about BBM is that there are no additional charges when chatting with folks in other countries. I have contacts from all over the world, including Canada.

hmmmmm nice to know!
    01-25-11 03:08 PM
    BBM uses data. It's no different than MSN or email in that regard. You also don't pay extra for browsing "long distance" websites. It just doesn't work that way. You might pay extra for tethering with AT&T, but that's completely unrelated to who or where you're BBMing.
    01-26-11 02:52 AM
    Treat BBM as being a BlackBerry MSN. In that it doesn't use voice data that would get hefty international charges. Rather, it uses data. We're browsing CrackBerry here. You're in the US, I'm in the UK. The data rates work the same despite it being long distance to me.
    01-26-11 03:01 AM
    I am on a U.S. contract with AT&T for my Torch 9860. When travelling in Canada, I turn off data to avoid those famous $600 phone bills. Is there a way to still use BBM? Most posts say that it requires data, which I get, but can I somehow turn on data for BBM and not get 100 e-mails, automatic weather updates and who know what else they've provided for my "convenience," thus incurring the huge charges? THX. Floridon't
    04-23-13 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD