hi there,

since yesterday my bbm has stopped working correctly. I can receive messages yet i am unable to respond. When i reply i get a tick but there is no delivery status that follows. This happened all of a sudden. I tried putting my sim card in my old 9700 which works normally so I know that it is not a network related issue. I have rebooted the phone, reinstalled bbm, resent service books, routing host etc in vain. Everything else works: emails, i can pin people but can't respond to bbms.

Have read numerous forums and from what i've gathered this isn't good. I bought the phone in europe and i love in South Africa so i can't even use the guarantee. Would hate to have spent 65O euros for nothing b/c without bbm this phone is of no value to me ((

PLEASE HELP me i really dunno what to do anymore.

Best !!!
    Last edited by danygotlieb; 10-31-10 at 05:47 PM.
    10-31-10 05:37 PM
    Your situation sounds questionable. If pin and everything else works I would bet bbm works. Update bbm or wipe and reinstall the os. One of those 2 will work if everything else you say is accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 07:03 PM
    It seems to be working again but i have a feeling that in the course of the day it will stop again. How do u reinstall the OS on the torch. My bb desktop manager does not give the option (on the mac version).

I did perform a security wipe yesterday too but that didnt help.

I ve come to realise that these phones r ****. always something going wrong.
    11-01-10 02:06 AM
    Dany, does your appworld work? Does your service status show - connected to BIS?

I have two torches, my girlfriend's and mine. I had quite a few issues with teh SIM/BIS service. From scratch my girlfriend's sim card and phone worked flawlessly but my bbm and bis didn't work - nothign for taht matter worked properly. The 082155 BB Service techies helped, but only once they posted a technical request with their advanced tech team. The general call centre peoples are pretty clueless - or rather - they assume you are absolutely clueless. They also do not have authority and permissions to do a lot of thinsg to your account.

I trust your issues sit with the SIM/Provider/BIS as opposed to the device. Hope this helps a little.
    11-01-10 05:05 AM
    I ve come to realise that these phones r ****. always something going wrong.
    ...kinda figured that was where your thread was headed. Assuming you do actually need help and aren't just here to bash the torch, download bbsak (google it), backup your device using desktop manager, wipe your device with bbsak and then reinstall the os using desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 07:40 AM
    agreed with slccorrado...none the less we still help...it also seems danny is a starter at posting and updating his/her bb....i don't know if u want to jump straight into bbsak (no offence slccorrado just think danny should read up on bbsak before using it especially when they questioned how to update). I would say just download the latest build install it to ur pc delete the vendor.xml file and run desktop manager. It will find there is a new version waiting to be installed...if u already have the latest version u can just run loader.exe and it will reinstall the os for u.
    Now danny u've got a few responses (all from people who haven't had issues with the phone, or if so easily fixed) let us know if this fixes ur problem and keep the thread clean. Gluck
    11-01-10 11:01 AM
    I unfortunately do not use a pc, i only function on mac so i know that my options are limited in terms of downloading software. when i access bb desktop manager, unlike with the 9700, i does not give me the option to reinstall the OS for the torch.

BBM keeps on working intermittently, for some messages i'll get the delivery status for others i won't. I actually got hold of the vodacare advanced team today and they told me that they won't take the phone in given that i purchased it in Belgium and not South Africa. I really use bb to remain in contact with my friends home in Belgium, this phone has to work !!!!

It has been driving me crazy all day! the problem really is on the sending side, i receive everything normally but it can take several minutes up to hours for some messages to go through. As i've said before everything else works (browser, emails, pins, appworld etc) so i'm hoping its a software related issue and not the hardware that's affected.

Just got home now, will try to follow up on your posts... thank you all so much !!!! much appreciated. i'm not here to bash the torch, but i won't deny that i'm not impressed with it...
    11-01-10 12:40 PM
    I unfortunately do not use a pc, i only function on mac so i know that my options are limited in terms of downloading software. when i access bb desktop manager, unlike with the 9700, i does not give me the option to reinstall the OS for the torch.

BBM keeps on working intermittently, for some messages i'll get the delivery status for others i won't. I actually got hold of the vodacare advanced team today and they told me that they won't take the phone in given that i purchased it in Belgium and not South Africa. I really use bb to remain in contact with my friends home in Belgium, this phone has to work !!!!

It has been driving me crazy all day! the problem really is on the sending side, i receive everything normally but it can take several minutes up to hours for some messages to go through. As i've said before everything else works (browser, emails, pins, appworld etc) so i'm hoping its a software related issue and not the hardware that's affected.

Just got home now, will try to follow up on your posts... thank you all so much !!!! much appreciated. i'm not here to bash the torch, but i won't deny that i'm not impressed with it...
    11-01-10 12:40 PM
    error 507

hourray ==> u guys all know what i'll be doing tonight
    11-01-10 01:24 PM
    i literally have no idea how to reinstall the OS of the torch... i get the error message 507 on the phone and on bb desktop manager is keep on saying device update failed
    i should be panicking but what the ****....

i need ur help now more than ever. :-)
    11-01-10 01:51 PM
    Personally i don't know much about the interaction between a bb and a mac...i am assuming the basic files should be similar.
    This link should show u how to get to the loader files through a mac:
    KB17215-How to extract information from a BlackBerry smartphone using the loader.exe or bbdm command line tool

I just googled blackberry loader location mac.

Once you start the loader it should start loading the os.

On a pc you would find the file here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

So i don't know if the file structure in the mac will be around the same.
    11-01-10 01:56 PM
    i don't really understand what it is that i'm supposed to do with this piece of info...
    11-01-10 02:55 PM
    okay its wiping the phone and i don't get the 507 error anymore.... thanks so much

I'm hoping it will be restored to factory settings

:-)
    11-01-10 03:07 PM
    You can try the steps in this article for Macs:

http://blackberryhandset.com/blackbe...e-507-mac.html

Make sure you have the OS on your Mac (did your Torch comes with a software disk or you can download it from the RIM website).

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    11-01-10 03:23 PM
    when i follow those steps it end with "device update failed" reboots and the same things starts all over again... i'm just about to go nuts
    11-01-10 03:46 PM
    u made sure to allow the device to loop and finally connect steadily? From reading it seems it can take a while for the mac to recognize the device correctly...also once the update process starts u have to be patient and just let it do its thing it can take a while (30-40 min). If thats not working i would recommend trying to find a pc to use
    11-01-10 03:57 PM
    Im downloading the software for 9800 vodacom, already have bbsak.

hoping ill be able to put the two end together
    11-01-10 04:45 PM
    Just wanted to thank u all for your help!!! U guys were great god bless this website
    11-02-10 04:16 AM
    when i follow those steps it end with "device update failed" reboots and the same things starts all over again... i'm just about to go nuts
    Hey Dany did you do a battery-pull before and after installing the new OS?
    11-02-10 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD