07-07-10 05:11 PM
77 1234
tools
    I think the barcode thing is great.. you can snap the barcode and add someone instantly... and with the ability to pay bills and purchase items I'm really surprised marketers haven't jumped on this immediately... I really like the tattoo on the neck idea -- better yet -- why not just implant it into our brains then we can just grab the items we want from the store and walk out!

I believe this technology runs along with rfid tags/chips/readers, which has been used frequently in shipping products.
    07-22-09 11:27 PM

Hehehehe! This is fun!
    07-22-09 11:36 PM
    07-23-09 01:34 AM
    sorry matt
    07-23-09 02:38 AM
    How do you save the bar codes? I've got BBM5 and I can't seem to find a save function in the menu.

Thanks,
    Jamey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:05 AM
    Nevermind. I found it.

07-23-09 04:08 AM
    ok, so i am trying to scan bbm barcodes and when i "add contact" then select "scan invitation barcode from another blackberry" my scan screen comes up, but i hold it over barcodes on the computer and it doesnt register it. When i select the blackberry key the only options i get are "now playing, switch app, and close".

can someone help please?
    07-23-09 08:51 AM
    ok, so i am trying to scan bbm barcodes and when i "add contact" then select "scan invitation barcode from another blackberry" my scan screen comes up, but i hold it over barcodes on the computer and it doesnt register it. When i select the blackberry key the only options i get are "now playing, switch app, and close".

can someone help please?
    Try leaving a fair distance between your phone and the screen. The camera will automatically zoom in and if your too close it won't scan it. I accidentally added someone like this! Once scanned, you won't even be asked if you want to add that person. It will do it automatically

07-23-09 09:11 AM
    hi mate, would you mind telling me how to get the barcode image in jpg so i can put it in my facebook

cheers
    07-23-09 09:34 AM
    How do you scan the barcode?
    07-23-09 09:59 AM
    Holy crap. It works perfectly. Awesome!
    07-23-09 10:21 AM
    Holy crap. It works perfectly. Awesome!
    How? can you explain?
    07-23-09 10:26 AM
    mine isnt working for some reason
    07-23-09 10:50 AM
    mine isnt working for some reason
    ok, so it is working "sometimes". Its weird, sometimes it scans, and other times it doesnt. thats not good.
    07-23-09 11:04 AM
    How do you get your barcode from the phone to have it saved as a pic for our avatar or whatever else we want it for?
    07-23-09 11:11 AM
    Sorry Posted twice
    07-23-09 11:14 AM
    CaptureIt is how I saved mine. But, I need to know how to save someone elses. Anyone tell me? I can't find a 'save' option.
    07-23-09 11:16 AM
    CaptureIt is how I saved mine. But, I need to know how to save someone elses. Anyone tell me? I can't find a 'save' option.
    You mean how to scan someone's?
    You go into bbm and hit the menu key, then go to "Add contact". That page then has all those options to you. To scan someone else's, (or any other QR code), or to save your own.
    07-23-09 11:45 AM
    Hi Jonneh, I found how to scan, just can't find a link to save.
    Thanks, Laura
    07-23-09 12:13 PM
    Ok I just have to say this bar code thing is pretty cool. It works great.

I wonder when we'll be getting bar codes on other things? This could be used in stores to show how much stuff is instead of trying to find one of those scanner things located around dept. stores and what not. I know Asia already had them. We'll catch up sooner or later.

I also wonder who's going to be the first one to get their BBM bar code tattooed on them. That would be funny.

Later,
    Jamey
    07-23-09 12:26 PM
    My gf's brother just came back from japan and got me a gundam model. The say the least there was a barcode on it just like my blackberry barcode. I tried to scan it and nothing happened. I believe it was too small for my phone to recognize.

Here is what I did to scan someones barcode on their berry.

Fist have the other blackberry phone you want to add "show barcode invitation to another blackberry" (you do this by going to menu and "add contact")

Then you go to your bb and then go to "add contact" and " scan barcode from blackberry"

Then your camera will pop up and all you have to do is move the phone back or toward the other phone and eventually it will retrieve the information automatically.

I did this after I installed bbm 5.0 to my bold and my coworkers Verizon 8330 Curve.

07-23-09 01:37 PM
    Hi Jonneh, I found how to scan, just can't find a link to save.
    Thanks, Laura
    Once you go into "Add Contact", it's the very last option on the page. To be exact, it says exactly this...: "Save your invitation barcode image" and to the left there is a folder icon, kind of yellow/orange/tan/whatever. Gold

This is all for bbm 5.0.
    07-23-09 03:41 PM
    If you have bm5 and you want to utilize the invitation barcode scanning, just read my sig

If you want to get your barcode:
    Open bm5
    Click Add Contact
    Click Save your invitation barcode image
    Save
    View Pictures
    There's ur barcode..email to urself or w/e u wish to do with it. I emailed it to myself, saved it to desktop and it was a jpeg.
    07-23-09 03:44 PM
    Check this out guys. Open this image and scan it. Kinda cool.
    07-23-09 05:33 PM
    Just think about the possibilities the bar code scanner can do for the future of BB's.
    07-23-09 05:47 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD