so ever since putting 5.0.0.57 on my phone..
    i do not get everyones Avatars... and the ones i do have never update with the exceptions of 2 of them...
    the weird thing is i get therer update messages that they changed there picture, I can see there change in my update list..
    but it never shows on my contact list? what is that about...

so i have re-downloaded thenew version over and over again!
    i have taking it off my phone and re-downloaded it still nothing!!

how do you get this to work properly??

i seen some people say call you service provider and have them reset the BIS.. well i called VZW about that twice and they told me they cannot do that??
    what is my next step here to get this workign normal...
    01-27-10 01:43 PM
    Ok, my friends are having the same problem. I can't see two of their avatars on BBM and they have the new one also.
    01-27-10 04:10 PM
    how long has it been since you downloaded .57? Have you tried a restore from email?
    01-27-10 04:13 PM
    Restore what from email?
    01-27-10 04:16 PM
    I Have same problem :O
    01-27-10 06:33 PM
    I had the same problem with one contact of mine. I had to delete the person and readd them to my phone and wifes phone to get the avatar to start working again.
    01-27-10 09:42 PM
    how long has it been since you downloaded .57? Have you tried a restore from email?
    it has been on since the release date of .57...
    and has been on and off a few times... i have tried to restor from email but my remote back up keeps defaulting to an old list and wont back up my new list...

i also just got another phone and had to put it all on here again and have the smae issues...

i even tried to delete any contacts wiht issues and told them to delete me and then request each other again and still get nothing...
    01-28-10 08:54 AM
    Restore what from email?
    restore your BBM with your email, in BBM>BB button>options>restore
    02-06-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD