I switched devices today and restored from my PC backup....now all my avatars are blank.....its been a long time..... usually it take a few minutes and everything is back to normal......but this time not a single avatar is showing.......tried battery pull.....nothing!
    12-13-10 06:39 AM
    I switched devices today and restored from my PC backup....now all my avatars are blank.....its been a long time..... usually it take a few minutes and everything is back to normal......but this time not a single avatar is showing.......tried battery pull.....nothing!

This is actually a know bug, it is something that happened with the new device, I find doing a restore from a back up, e.g. your memory card helps get some pictures back.

I know it sucks, but dont freak out, it isn't a problem on your end.

And as Kelly has showed with his/her link, always search first. There are many many many threads on the issue you are having.
    12-13-10 07:49 AM
    thanks a lot.....im also getting "You are currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service. This is an automatic process and will complete in a few minutes"
    12-13-10 08:07 AM
    When I go to Remote Restore, I receive the following message: "Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes." This message has been stuck for the last 24 hours...... If I try to remote backup my device I receive the same message but when I click the screen it says: Select at least one email address…. but there is no email address to select (the bb has configured 5 emails). If I click the BB key I can use a continue option and the screen chenge to checking email status… but does not make any thing. any ideas???
    12-14-10 05:31 AM
    I have an idea
    this sucks
    mines doing it too.. apparently quite a few ppl have been complaining about this, I found a post about it from last year and it was only up for 2-3 days and then it fixed itself? hopefully its the same deal
    12-14-10 08:59 PM
    All we can do is wait.. Mine is doing the same...
    12-14-10 09:04 PM
    oh well........i even contacted RIM on twitter.....they said they will look into it but nothing so far....
    12-14-10 11:32 PM
    anyone got any new news?
    mines still doin it
    12-16-10 11:39 PM
    mines workin now
    fixed itself after 4-5 days
    12-18-10 11:19 AM
    Mine's still not updating... resent the service books, did a battery pull.. still no luck... please help!!!
    12-19-10 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD