Ok so I had the new BBM for a while now... been through a ton of updates with it! currently have the 5.0.0.57... have had that one since the last update date!

so i have tried numerous times to get all my display picutres to show and or update... i have whiped and reloaded the .57version @ least 10x's...
    instead of backing up and restoring my contacts i have just entered them in manually with hopes to get it normal again!
    i also have enve whiped and re-loaded my OS in hopes to make it better...

how do I get this to work normal again?
    tyring to get the AVATARS working normal....
    01-21-10 10:09 AM
    that kinda happned to me too. dont delete or wipe anything. i kept BBM on my phone and just went back into app world and downloaded it again and it worked. cant explain how or why but that worked for me.
    01-21-10 10:48 AM
    that kinda happned to me too. dont delete or wipe anything. i kept BBM on my phone and just went back into app world and downloaded it again and it worked. cant explain how or why but that worked for me.
    Yeah i have done that a few times as well... I have wiped it and then re-downloaded it. I tried to even remove app world and have someone recomend it to me.. i have tried to re-download it wihtout wipping it.. i got nothing!! LOL stil the same old $hit...

any otherS?
    01-21-10 10:55 AM
    same problem!! just got a new 9700 yesterday for my gf and i'm trying to look like a hero with all the updated os and apps. but bbm has me looking like a fool :S
    did everything possible but to no avail.
    can anyone help me put on my tights and cape PLS!!
    01-21-10 11:32 AM
    i feel like more people would have chimmed in on this one!?!?

i just downloaded it from the Blackberry site rather then app world.. i have no change... no matter what i do i get nothing...
    01-21-10 11:36 AM
    its like my BBM is progresively getting worse... i have even less pictures then before.. and the ones who used to have pictures has defaulted back to old pictures.....
    01-21-10 01:44 PM
    I had this issue before but i had a back up thru my pc and mobile to and my BBM avatars are showing fine.
    01-21-10 02:36 PM
    I had this issue before but i had a back up thru my pc and mobile to and my BBM avatars are showing fine.

I tried both my back ups..
    actually all 3.. LOL
    Remote Back up on Phone via email accounts....
    Local Back Up on Phone via Memory card....
    and My Desktop Manager Back up... which defualts me to what pictures people used to have.... i am not gettign updates of avatars just status messages....
    01-21-10 02:44 PM
    actually all 3.. LOL
    and My Desktop Manager Back up... which defualts me to what pictures people used to have.... i am not gettign updates of avatars just status messages....
    true story!!
    01-21-10 02:46 PM
    true story!!
    Right....
    Anything good to contribute too this?
    Do you have the sollution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:11 PM
    Wow this works thanks!

01-21-10 08:44 PM
    Wow this works thanks!
    damn you!! LOL

i guess mine is just F'd!! O well gettign a new phone anyway having service issues... keep dropping calls!!
    01-22-10 07:28 AM
    WOW this worked for me too thx so much! how is it that we can figure stuff like this out but tmo & RIM support cant? unless they just SAY theyre lookin into it but really dont...i had an issue others have posted on here w/ not bein able to update my status once i reached 100+ contacts & after a month of dealin w/ RIM support they STILL havent found a resolution...makes me think they're just gonna keep tellin me the same thing until i get tired of buggin them about it...
    01-22-10 09:33 AM
    Yeah i have done that a few times as well... I have wiped it and then re-downloaded it. I tried to even remove app world and have someone recomend it to me.. i have tried to re-download it wihtout wipping it.. i got nothing!! LOL stil the same old $hit...

any otherS?
    dont wipe it...leave BBM installed then go into app world & DL it again...once its done itll ask u to reboot...i also pulled the battery once i rebooted & now everythin is workin perfectly
    01-22-10 10:25 AM
    dont wipe it...leave BBM installed then go into app world & DL it again...once its done itll ask u to reboot...i also pulled the battery once i rebooted & now everythin is workin perfectly

i have done every step possible.. i have downloaded form blackberrys site.. i have downloadedform desktop manager.. i have downloaded from app world.. all while the software was on the phone..
    i even have done it by wiping it off and re-loading it.. nothing works!!
    01-22-10 10:55 AM
    i did everything u did jaybird until my last post ... i was told it might be rims side of things and to just wait it out. when we woke up this morning to head to work, i took a look at her phone and everyone's display pic was there. i think u should just stop doing all that jaz with it and just wait it out like we did. check back in a day or two to give us the update.
    01-22-10 11:11 AM
    Yeah i have giving up.. LOL I actually had 1 picture pop up today.. other then that it is what it is @ this point.. I have new phone coming on Monday for some other issues... So maybe this new phone will help!! LOL

its just weird to me how I had Picutres then all the sudden a ton were gone and the ones that were there defaulted back to peoples old picutres...
    01-22-10 11:19 AM
    actually all 3.. LOL
    That's just weird cuz on my end it works fine but I hate backing up remotely it always takes forever

01-22-10 03:24 PM
    so got my new phone.. Still No Avatars...
    except now I can see everyones Avatars only through the Updates? just not in my contact list... WTF is that about?
    01-26-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD