Just wondering how many Tour owners have downloaded new BBM? Trying to get a sense of of how many and if anyone's having issues.

Please post good and bad things with BBM 5.0.

Also... If I have issues, where and how can I get 4.7.0 back (version on my phone now)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 05:25 PM
    im using os 4.7 and downloaded bbm 5.0 from app world and have no problems thus far> bbm 5.0 is ******* sweet
    10-08-09 05:39 PM
    I just downloaded it 10 minutes ago and can't get past the ACCEPT screen. I did the REBOOT and even used QUICKPULL and it still won't ACCEPT

10-08-09 05:41 PM
    10-08-09 05:42 PM
    Just wondering how many Tour owners have downloaded new BBM? Trying to get a sense of of how many and if anyone's having issues.

Please post good and bad things with BBM 5.0.

Also... If I have issues, where and how can I get 4.7.0 back (version on my phone now)?

I upgraded from the 5.0.0.8 leak to 5.0.0.33 official release via App world yesterday. Had an issue with the "view" button after receiving a photo just displaying an all white image. I deleted BBM today and reinstalled it. Now it works perfectly.

I think I liked the leak slightly better but either is much better than the 4.X BBM versions IMO.

Make backups through DM before you install this, or any other significant change incase the worst should happen.

10-08-09 06:01 PM
    the problem i had was that yesterday i downloaded the official bbm 5.0 from bb app world str8 from my tour. first it took foreverrrrr to install and it froze...i had to do a battery pull then it was fine and working great. then this morning i go to it and its gone...completely. i went back into bb app world and it said uninstalled. crazy right? so i redownloaded it again and its working great. the only thing was that i had to request everyone again for my contacts versus when i initally downloaded it all my contacts were there. but thats my fault as i could have done a contacts backup from start. on the plus side i didnt have contacts like that...not everyone owns a berry
    10-08-09 06:09 PM
    Had some issues as far as the installation goes, buit other than that it worked like a charm.
    10-08-09 06:11 PM
    no problems OS 4.7 though - bbm 5.0 is pretty sweet
    10-08-09 06:27 PM
    I have been using it since last night and I love it! Runing 5.0.0.138 Hybrid build.
    10-08-09 06:33 PM
    im using os 4.7 and downloaded bbm 5.0 from app world and have no problems thus far> bbm 5.0 is ******* sweet
    I am in the same boat, no issues here either.
    10-08-09 06:34 PM
    My display image won't appear on my contacts devices (status works fine), and when I attempt to 'enlarge' mine or my contacts images all I get is a blank white screen. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know how to overcome this anomaly?
    10-08-09 07:20 PM
    i am running .230 and got bbm5.0 from app world works great so far its awesome
    10-08-09 07:40 PM
    I downloaded BBM 5 from the BB App store and I am not having any problems thus far.
    10-08-09 07:47 PM
    Quite a few of us have had problems over here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/up...tartup-331933/
    10-08-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I downloaded and seems to be fine. ill mess around with it some more.

One thing I did notice, and not sure if it's related, but Google Talk wil not connect since I downloaded BBM 5.0. Was working fine before the download. Now I keep getting:

Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server.

Could this be an issue with my device or Google Server issue?

10-08-09 08:38 PM
    Here are the issues I've discovered so far with BBM 5.0:

1. No Status Icon (green/red dots next to name) - I think this is an obvious one that everyone knows about.

2. Can't send my location through BBM (http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cation-332127/)

3. When I take a picture and then try to send it to a messenger contact, it shows "full menu" at the bottom of the screen, which I then have to click it and then have to click "check spelling" (i don't know what text it is trying to correct), and then finally hit "OK." I'm not sure if this is just me or a bug.
    10-08-09 08:47 PM
    I'm having the same problem... did you resolve yours
    10-08-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD