10-25-09 11:43 AM
26 12
tools
    Anybody ever think to be able to use BBM on iPhone? What is your take on this? Is it even possible instead of just plain old texting?
    10-21-09 09:42 PM
    No chance... I can't imagine that would ever happen.
    10-21-09 09:52 PM
    You are prob. right but if Verizon gets iPhone maybe, just maybe......but doubtful.
    10-21-09 10:24 PM
    There is an App for that!

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.
    10-21-09 10:25 PM
    No, not gonna happen. Nor will there will be one for you computer.
    10-21-09 10:28 PM
    Not going to happen as the iPhone does not have PIN that can be
    registered to the BB network.
    10-21-09 10:29 PM
    There is no chance that Blackberry Messenger will be made available as an app for the iPhone. As for an app for the iPhone that acts like BBM, I doubt it.
    10-21-09 10:31 PM
    I guess is impossible just because BBM works based on the phone's PIN. I don't think that's ever going to happen
    Last edited by jinko; 10-21-09 at 10:44 PM.
    10-21-09 10:41 PM
    I don't think BB will ever let an iPhone connect to their servers which is required for BBM.
    10-21-09 10:43 PM
    What options are available for IMing with our iPhone pals?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:36 PM
    What options are available for IMing with our iPhone pals?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    IM+!

http://crackberry.com/im-instant-mes...-version-8-3-0
    10-21-09 11:46 PM
    lol this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read, like RIM's gonna let their bread and butter sit on an iphone
    10-21-09 11:48 PM
    BBM no.

A close alternative for iPhoners is Ping!

No BB support for Ping!, but if they do, it could bridge the gap.

Last edited by KINetics; 10-22-09 at 02:04 AM.
    10-22-09 01:59 AM
    Anybody ever think to be able to use BBM on iPhone? What is your take on this? Is it even possible instead of just plain old texting?
    I don't think you will ever see BBM on any other kind of phone besides Blackberry. That would be like being able to play Xbox LIVE on a Playstation 3.
    10-22-09 02:01 AM
    BBM is a service provided through RIM's servers, which are accessible to blackberries (devices designed around security). There is no way RIM would let a non-secure device access the server and mingle with blackberries.

With respect to security, allowing an iphone to access the RIM network is like asking the government to let you roam around Fort Knox on your own while they look the other way, asking a bank if you can tour their bank vault on your own, or asking the pentagon to give you some "alone time" in their missile control room.

With respect to BBM being a RIM-service, it's like asking a boat pilot to take off and fly into the sky due to choppy waters, installing a tv antenna and expecting it to be able to receive tv signals from the other side of the world, or ask a woman to pee while standing up. In other words, the iphone isn't equipped.

If you really want to use an iphone to chat with someone, use AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, ICQ, etc. You know what...iphones can access those chat networks...and so can blackberries! ;-)
    10-22-09 02:10 AM
    good post
    you are the metaphor king!
    10-22-09 02:59 AM
    I remember there was an app for WinMo phones that gives them the look and feel of the BlackBerry OS. I think the emulator even included BBM. Kevin had this on the front page like a year ago.

So, BBM might be able to show up on other phones, but I doubt it will go out to the iPhone.
    10-22-09 10:02 AM
    I don't understand why people are having such a touch time talking to people with iPhones, when there are MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, Google Talk, etc. apps out there for both. And they are free! Doesn't get any easier than that. Why go reinvent the wheel
    10-22-09 11:57 AM
    IM+ $39.95 for BB >.> even with the discount until November, I think it's a rip off.
    10-24-09 04:47 PM
    I don't think it will ever happen, and I hope it never does.

With respect to security, allowing an iphone to access the RIM network is like asking the government to let you roam around Fort Knox on your own while they look the other way, asking a bank if you can tour their bank vault on your own, or asking the pentagon to give you some "alone time" in their missile control room.

With respect to BBM being a RIM-service, it's like asking a boat pilot to take off and fly into the sky due to choppy waters, installing a tv antenna and expecting it to be able to receive tv signals from the other side of the world, or ask a woman to pee while standing up.
    analogies are like riding a three legged werewolf to church and having Jimi Hendrix show up with a can of peaches.
    10-24-09 05:37 PM
    UMMMM....it's called Blackberry Messenger; not IPHONE messenger.
    10-24-09 09:55 PM
    You know whats great? Is starting one of these bogus-type threads, coming back to it a few days later, and watching people type their hatred so you can just feel it on your laptop screen. Now that is priceless! Thank you for playing we have some nice parting gifts for all of you.
    10-24-09 11:05 PM
    I don't understand why people are having such a touch time talking to people with iPhones, when there are MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, Google Talk, etc. apps out there for both. And they are free! Doesn't get any easier than that. Why go reinvent the wheel
    the reason is because of the iphone snobbery 'we just use sms' iphone users don't like to use chat clients for the same reason i didn't like to when i had it, THEY'RE USELESS ON THE IPHONE, without background processing the iphone will continue to be a joke.
    10-24-09 11:07 PM
    I don't see that happening.
    10-25-09 03:28 AM
    You know whats great? Is starting one of these bogus-type threads, coming back to it a few days later, and watching people type their hatred so you can just feel it on your laptop screen. Now that is priceless! Thank you for playing we have some nice parting gifts for all of you.
    You know whats not so great? People deliberately starting one of these bogus-type threads, hoping to come back to it a few days later to find people reacting adversely just so they can gloat and feel superior. Now that is trolling! Thank you for playing we have some nice parting gifts for you.
    10-25-09 09:08 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD