I've a quick question. Possibly even to BB devs.

Since the BBM API is being "released" soon, does this mean it will be possible for someone to implement all the hidden BBM emoticons and flags as some kind of integrated addon?

Yes I already have auto text ones, but haven't got round to adding even a 1/4 of them.
    02-21-11 06:11 AM
    There are already several apps that implement the hidden emoticons and flags. They integrate into the BlackBerry Menu.
    02-21-11 07:57 AM
    Like the last one that tried? All I heard was moaning about it and that everyone was uninstalling it.

They don't want it integrated into the BlackBerry menu, they want it integrated in to BBM, so when you choose an emoticon from the bottom right icon, it displays every single possible outcome (or ones desired).

Unless this is already an option? I can't seem to see any.
    02-21-11 08:08 AM
    Fancy Characters works great.

They don't want it integrated into the BlackBerry menu, they want it integrated in to BB.
    I don't know who "they" is.

But personally, for me, I'm glad that they don't clutter the regular emoticons and are implemented separately so that I can choose them when I want and not have them obscuring the common emoticons for most uses.
    02-21-11 08:33 AM
    fancy characters was great for me too. It is worth the 99 cents or whatever
    02-21-11 08:40 AM
    There is also the app Easy Smiley (free version). I like MotoMama would prefer to have them implemented separately. Then again I have never understood the appeal of emoticons and symbols, but that's me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD