hi

with BBM, I hear that when someone sends u a bbm, they see a confirm that you have read the message

then, they can "start the ticking clock" on how long it takes you to respond.

so, is that true?

and is there a way to read the message with out the sender knowing you have read it?

doing some top secret work, and want to be invisible.....hehehhe!
    07-21-10 11:37 AM
    07-21-10 11:53 AM
    The "D" and "R" marks on the left of the BBM messages you send indicate that the messages has been "D" delivered to the other user's device or "R" read by the other user. So, this is true... While I don't believe I've ever seen a "ticking" clock, you can of course see how long it takes someone to respond to your messages based upon the time you sent the message (and saw that it was "R" read) and the time their next BBM is timestamped at.

As for getting around this and reading BBM without the other party knowing, I have heard that there is a way to read part of the message at least but I have never seen instructions for how to to this. Maybe allowing BBM messages to go into the main "messages" folder and not opening the message but looking at however much of it shows in the "messages" folder? I don't know.
    07-21-10 11:54 AM
    anyone? ahhahaha sorry to be a pain...but would be of interest to know this
    07-21-10 11:56 AM
    thanks

checkin that link

the ticking clock was just a figure of speech, not literally a ticking clock....but yes, they can estimate how long to return message
    07-21-10 12:00 PM
    this link isnt working....can you copy and paste the title or page or another way to check this?

thanks
    07-21-10 12:02 PM
    If when viewing the BBM message you hit the end call button instead of the back button the triangle next to the message stays yellow like it has not been read. Therefore, it does not signal "R" until you go back to it and hit the back button or respond.
    07-21-10 12:12 PM
    07-21-10 12:17 PM
    If when viewing the BBM message you hit the end call button instead of the back button the triangle next to the message stays yellow like it has not been read. Therefore, it does not signal "R" until you go back to it and hit the back button or respond.
    the yellow triangle, what does that signify?

thanks, so....end call button instead of back button....got it~!
    07-21-10 12:26 PM
    It's like a sideways triangle next to the senders message.... maybe I just have that on my BBM.
    07-21-10 12:33 PM
    It's like a sideways triangle next to the senders message.... maybe I just have that on my BBM.
    What build version are you running? I don't ever remember seeing that. Haha.
    07-21-10 12:59 PM
    so...this is from the other thread... "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn on save chat history under options. If you scroll to the contacts name and choose view chat history, it will show you the chat without being marked as read.

I believe it will only show you the chat history starting from the day u turn it on, not any chats before then though."

is that the options under BBM? and if I open BBM, will it show that I read the message?

thanks
    07-21-10 12:59 PM
    What build version are you running? I don't ever remember seeing that. Haha.
    5.0.0 is what it's saying in Applications
    07-21-10 01:32 PM
    ok kinda dumb question..

it is the options in BBM, correct?

and, if I check this out, it WONT show that I looked at the messages

am I on the right track?

thanks
    07-21-10 02:18 PM
    ok kinda dumb question..

it is the options in BBM, correct?

and, if I check this out, it WONT show that I looked at the messages

am I on the right track?

thanks
    Yes.........
    07-21-10 02:56 PM
    thanks for the info!
    07-21-10 03:06 PM
    Turn on save chat history under options. If you scroll to the contacts name and choose view chat history, it will show you the chat without being marked as read.

I believe it will only show you the chat history starting from the day u turn it on, not any chats before then though."

++++

yes, this is true...you can turn on "save chat history" but when you look at previous chats, there is no option to "view chat history"

so it only works AFTER you turn on the -save chat history- option

thanks
    07-21-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD