This is insane. Apparently all it takes to get someone else's Contact list on your phone is to register their email address from your BB!

Business partner #1 regularly uses BBM for messaging and has a sizeable contact list. Business partner #2 recently began using BBM and was prompted for an email address to link/register to the BBM account for back-ups, etc....the email address business partner #2 entered was previously registered for use by business partner #1.

Business partner #2 now has all the BBM contacts that belonged to partner #1. And while this happened Business Partner #1 had lost his Contacts....they now have a merged list of Contacts.

How do we fix this?!?!? Is there a way to delete the linked email address??
    04-05-10 10:06 AM
    Yes he can do a restore on his device and delte the ones he doesn't want. Then #2 needs to wipe the device totally and set the device up for themselves to aviod this happening again.
    04-05-10 10:08 AM
    Yes he can do a restore on his device and delte the ones he doesn't want. Then #2 needs to wipe the device totally and set the device up for themselves to aviod this happening again.
    Thanks for your response...#2, (who does not operate out of our office) wiping the device will probably be an issue as he's not so tech savvy!

Could #2 delete that email address through BIS and maybe get it cleaned up that way? And then use a different email address to register through BBM?
    04-05-10 10:14 AM
    Wiping a device is not that hard, I am sure you can handle it. It will be the best way for you to fix the issue. You need to get all of those other service books off the device anyway.
    04-05-10 10:17 AM
    Wiping a device is not that hard, I am sure you can handle it. It will be the best way for you to fix the issue. You need to get all of those other service books off the device anyway.
    Thanks "threefive". If it were my boss or I we could wipe the device no problem. Of course, the person that needs to wipe their device is the one that has no clue what they are doing and will be on their own!
    04-05-10 10:22 AM
    Thanks "threefive". If it were my boss or I we could wipe the device no problem. Of course, the person that needs to wipe their device is the one that has no clue what they are doing and will be on their own!
    Gotcha that could a security risk in my mind, I always wipe a device if I am getting rid of it.
    04-05-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD