i set my SMS text alert, all blackberry alerts, and windows live alerts to silent with vib on. So overall i just want ALL my alerts to a custom vibrate, but it's still not working, i still hear my alert tone...any help please? thank you
    10-23-09 04:39 AM
    ..somebody..please?
    10-23-09 05:06 AM
    I was thinking BBM alerts came in as Level 1 messages.
    10-23-09 05:49 AM
    what selecting the vibrate only option from select a sound profile
    10-23-09 12:38 PM
    Yes, Sounds works differently in OS4.7.X devices than Profiles from previous devices. With the preset profiles, just Vibrate will actually make all alerts vibrate. You cannot customize the types or amounts of vibrations.
    (Being changed back in OS5.0 apparently.)

Do what I did: create a custom profile called VIBE or MY VIBE or whatever and customize each separate alert type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:56 PM
    Yes, Sounds works differently in OS4.7.X devices than Profiles from previous devices. With the preset profiles, just Vibrate will actually make all alerts vibrate. You cannot customize the types or amounts of vibrations.
    (Being changed back in OS5.0 apparently.)

Do what I did: create a custom profile called VIBE or MY VIBE or whatever and customize each separate alert type.

does that mean i can customized to ONLY vib alerst for everything?
    10-23-09 04:26 PM
    With Custom you can customize it to any combination you want, including only making certain things alert and certain ones off entirely if you want.

10-23-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD