Hi , im serving in Afghanistan right now and I wanted to buy a data sim card to use BBM . The guy from the compagny here told me that they have sim card for Data but it will not work for a blackberry .......any idea . I just want to use BBM here no voice or nothing . Help me please !
    04-01-11 08:29 AM
    Is your BB UNLOCK? if not then you are stuck with the carrier that the phone was brought from. you can get it unlock like i did. Are you using ROSHAN? That what I was using when I was in FOB SHARANA.
    04-01-11 10:03 AM
    Yea my phone is unlock . But the thing is that the guy told me that I cant use data plan over my BB in Kandahar .I said that i could with an Iphone cause they dont use GSM or something like that . Is yours working ? ? and Black berry Messenger too ?
    04-01-11 11:18 AM
    Yea my phone is unlock . But the thing is that the guy told me that I cant use data plan over my BB in Kandahar .I said that i could with an Iphone cause they dont use GSM or something like that . Is yours working ? ? and Black berry Messenger too ?
    I've never use data plan over here in Sharana (expensive as ****!). The service is awful in AFG. you know as well that going to the Haji shop and buying sims card/refill is like getting no support! I never use data for my BB9000, but have for my 1st gen iPhone. you might try downloading text messenger app beside trying to use BBM. this might work. or get a different sims beside what your using.
    04-01-11 11:33 AM
    ok thanks for the help ! I should buy an Iphone I guess! Or if anyone know a crack or something to get Data in Afghanistan would be nice
    04-01-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD