01-01-12 05:26 PM
35 12
tools
    Wow didn't know that. Thanks
    Yeah, can MSN/yahoo/google talk/insert other 3rd party IM app do that?
    07-24-10 10:50 PM
    If you was able to see the status of your massage on 3rd party apps such as aim ect.... I think it would be pretty annoying!, but on BBM you know what to expect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 04:53 AM
    I must be the only person that does not care about the BBM fluff.

I don't care to know if you read the message. I sent it that's enough. I never look
    at the "r" or "d"

I don't care what you are listening to. I don't use my phone as a media player so
    no one ever knows what I'm listening to.

Unless your status message says "Busy" or "Unavailable" I never read it.

There is only one contact whose avatar I pay attention to. The rest, meh ...
    07-25-10 09:00 AM
    Also with BBM it tells you when another party is writing.

A really fun thing is you can have BBM show what song is playing on the media player. That got me in trouble once; I was BBMing with me spouse and the Elbow song 'Grounds for Divorce' came on. She asked me what I had done to give her grounds for divorce?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Unfortunately it also shows what video someone is playing. Better make sure
    that thing is off. My friend was caught watching a p0rn.
    07-25-10 01:22 PM

I don't care to know if you read the message. I sent it that's enough. I never look
    at the "r" or "d"

I don't care what you are listening to. I don't use my phone as a media player so

I have to say I'm the opposite here, I like the status message feature, not sure why but I enjoy it.
    07-25-10 01:36 PM

at the "r" or "d"

Do you ever use return receipt emails?

That is why I really love the D/R notification, after I see the R I know I can follow up with a call and they have read the message. it is much quicker than internal Return receipt emails.
    07-25-10 01:51 PM
    Do you ever use return receipt emails?
    No, I don't. Again, I sent it, that's enough for me. I don't use them personally
    or for professional purposes.

Besides, when ever I get that stupid pop up I just click "Do Not Send."
    07-25-10 01:58 PM
    No, I don't. Again, I sent it, that's enough for me. I don't use them personally
    or for professional purposes.

Besides, when ever I get that stupid pop up I just click "Do Not Send."
    Fair enough,

for mission critical stuff I use Return receipt because I a follow up call will follow the reading of the email, or BBM but the data being provided via text first before the phone call will save time, and note taking.
    07-25-10 02:07 PM
    AG uses the minimalistic approach to communication! :-) Fair enough, but our company relies on BBM for instant communication with large workgroups managing time-sensitive high-profile activities like hosting and running a scientific/medical meeting with 30k attendees and hundreds of simultaneous events. Instant communication to workgroups and knowing the message has been read becomes pretty important - lotsa stuff can go wrong or need to be remediated in such an environment! We can send images of a display gone wrong, or a voice note if it's too long to type, or a critical problem message. Everyone gets it at the same time.

Wow, this doesn't have much to do with the OP's subject, does it? :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-26-10 11:06 AM
    I can not stand text messaging after using BBM. I Luv it. If everyone I knew was on BBM I would not have any use for Text messaging, facebook or twitter...think about that. It is awesome.
    01-01-12 05:26 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD