Ok im getting my second 9860 tommorrow as this one is faulty, ive done a security wipe. My question is when i use the device switch feature on the new phone will all my BBM contacts be restored without me getting the message when i chat to someone" this person doesnt appear to have you on his/her contact list please re-invite" ??

and also i just checked my brothers phone and he still has me as a contact even after the security wipe. will people have a duplicate of me on both pins or will the old one automatically delete when i restore my contact list on the new device or do i have to manually delete everyone first. ?
    02-01-12 08:27 PM
    it should. if not, i ALWAYS would do a backup of my BBM contacts through email in the BBM options. the minute your BIS is set up via email setup, send the service books and your list should begin restoring automatically.
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    02-01-12 08:34 PM
    You can't do a device switch, if the one you're switching from is empty. Why did you wipe prior to the switch? I'd restore the backup on it, then switch, then when everything is fine on the new one wipe.
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    02-01-12 08:34 PM
    it should. if not, i ALWAYS would do a backup of my BBM contacts through email in the BBM options. the minute your BIS is set up via email setup, send the service books and your list should begin restoring automatically.
    Yes ive got the backups, thing is as soon as i do this will all of my old contacts on my old pin delete themselves ??
    and what the happened to your 9860, youve moved on to iphone ???

You can't do a device switch, if the one you're switching from is empty. Why did you wipe prior to the switch? I'd restore the backup on it, then switch, then when everything is fine on the new one wipe.
    I think you may of misunderstood, ive done backups obviously one on my media card, one through BB protect and one through BDM

i just wanted to know that when i device switch on my new phone, will this signal something to the old phone to delete all my contacts to avoid people have duplicates of me on their contact list ??
    02-01-12 08:39 PM
    The contacts will restore on your new phone, however, without doing an actual device switch, using the wizard on Desktop, they will more than likely have two of you on their contact list when you're done.

What you are doing is switching devices, not a device switch.
    02-01-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD