Today I sent a BBM to a work colleague who no longer has a Blackberry and I was wondering why I was not alerted that her account was no longer active?
    I am running v5.0.3.22.

I guess her BB PIN has not been deleted yet on RIM's servers?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    06-27-11 03:13 PM
    The PIN is specific to the device, not the user.
    06-27-11 03:22 PM
    So this means if someone else now has her old device, that person will receive those BBM's? I would think her device was wiped clean...

-Rich

The PIN is specific to the device, not the user.
    06-27-11 03:43 PM
    If the device was wiped, then the contacts list was purged. Deleting a contact on Blackberry "A", deletes the contact on Blackberry "B".

I have a 9000 that I unlocked and switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. I did not wipe it and my BBM contacts remained. My contacts could still send me messages.
    06-27-11 06:01 PM
    So this means if someone else now has her old device, that person will receive those BBM's? I would think her device was wiped clean...

-Rich
    Not at all. The device is probably not turned on at the moment, or does not have BIS activated. Until someone else gets the BlackBerry and activates BIS, you won't receive a message saying the the person is no longer your contact (that is, not until you send a message to them first).
    06-27-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD