07-31-11 09:10 PM
35 12
tools
    Can anybody confirm this? Can bbm be used to chat cross-platform now with other im clients?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is not what they meant by 3rd party... I believe they meant that apps can now be integrated into bbm but he did say that they are making code available meaning that there is some hope for BBM possibly expanding to compatibility with other OS's such as apple and android. i would guess that android will have an app sooner than later that will be compatible with chatting with BBM friends...

Im holding my breath and waiting for this saga to unfold.
    07-28-11 03:10 PM
    Anyone else having this issue? I upgraded BBM on my 8530 early this morning, and now my phone is caught in an endless reboot cycle. Any ideas?
    This happened to me too. Actually, I went to use FileScout, got a message that it now integrates with BBM6 , downloaded the "patch" , rebooted and now i am stuck in the endless boot that even safe mode cant get me out of.

My evening is cut out for me
    07-28-11 03:19 PM
    Can anyone answer to this, why has bbm took away if your where listening to a song it would show up but now there's not a thing to tick the box to put it on anymore.? Am talking about 6.0.0.125 version.

07-28-11 03:46 PM
    Apparently they took away the 'what you're listening to' because RIM is releasing a new music app. That's what the rumour is. I like this build. I think the social integration aspect has potential once developers build more apps. I like Battles for BBM, but haven't gotten it working properly.
    07-28-11 05:06 PM
    I have BBM 6 now!

07-28-11 05:50 PM
    The big changes are on the development side with it's app integration. It's more about opening a door of possibilities than changing the core chat mechanic. I'm excited for the future of it all. By allowing it to work with most apps (and we'll see more and more app integration as we go), it really will boost the BBM ecosystem above and beyond what you can get on other phones. They really are trying to kill of the text message.

Right now the only downside is that it's limited to BB users. Hopefully the new lineup of phones should help increase its instal base.
    07-28-11 10:27 PM
    more and more people are migrating to apple/android.i wonder how bbm will last in the future.rim will have to come out with a novelty that brings folks back to bb side.beyond qnx will show if rim can reach the top of the smartphone industry.specswise,rim will have take it up a notch in high gear with their products just like android/apple.
    07-28-11 10:45 PM
    The main reason for BBM 6 is that you are now able the connect and BBM with your Playbook without loading the beta 6.0 version. BBM 5 didn't allow you to do that. You had to join the BB beta program and get he beta version for it to work. The second thing is there is more done in the background than what we can see, like developers to integrate BBM into their apps.i have been using BBM 6 for a long time i cant remember what 5 was like
    07-30-11 04:52 PM
    more and more people are migrating to apple/android.i wonder how bbm will last in the future.rim will have to come out with a novelty that brings folks back to bb side.beyond qnx will show if rim can reach the top of the smartphone industry.specswise,rim will have take it up a notch in high gear with their products just like android/apple.
    I have studied this trend which is Rims fault too and i come up with this.
    Rim is coming with phones that have taken the hour glass and FINALLY smashed it,which is key. BB phones are for people who have communication first priority and have little time for entertainment (at least not on their phone)
    with the unemployment as high as it is and more people not working you will see a shift going more to entertainment devices and this is why the mass adoption to other devices. with the new phones RIM can please both kinds of people because they finally found out that the constant hour glass needed to be done way with. I currently own a 9650 and is plain and simple underpowered. that is the first and main reason I'll wave it good by when he 9930 come out
    07-30-11 05:03 PM
    alot of cool features added in the 6.. most i prolly will never use myself.. but maybe one day...
    07-31-11 09:10 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD