After I had upgraded the BBM to version 6.0 and restarted the phone, I couldn't find BBM anywhere except on the applications list (in "Options-->Device") where I could only change permissions or delete it.
    This happened to me another day after having had updated the App World. But then the installation over the existing copy helped and the App World is visible and working. In case with the BBM nothing really helped. I first deleted the app and installed it over again. Didn't help at all. Then I installed it from the download page, not the app world over that existing copy nothing.
    Tapping BBM setup in the Setup section just makes the phone freeze for a while and that's all.
    I am afraid I will have to delete BBM and restore the old version from backup.
    Has anyone faced this issue?
    07-28-11 12:31 PM
    Go to your main screen and type in "messenger". Its a way around it.

Also, you could go to your "all" list and click the bb button and "show all". Maybe its hidden itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 02:07 PM
    Nope. Did the upgrade today. Flawless.
    07-28-11 04:34 PM
    Thank you, but that's what I did first. No trace of application at all.
    It's not hidden either. I just reinstalled some software from Desktop Manager (I even have no clue what exactly it did).. after which the Messenger has appeared and works but most of the apps are gone. Good I have done a backup via BBSAK...
    I suspect that one of the reasons that causes this issue (invisibility and non-presence of certain apps after update) is in the new version of the core software (6.0.0.600), since that had never occurred to me before I upgraded the BBOS.
    Last edited by ZeeSl; 07-28-11 at 04:38 PM.
    07-28-11 04:35 PM
    I'm on .600.

I'm not suggesting it wasn't the root of your problem, but mine worked.

Are you running a custom theme?
    07-28-11 04:54 PM
    I am having the exact same problem, & I haven't resolved it yet. I will have to restore the old version. According to this website: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23 968 you have to have OS 6 version .75 or higher or the icon will disappear. Since the official AT&T release is .600 we are screwed.
    Thank you, but that's what I did first. No trace of application at all.
    It's not hidden either. I just reinstalled some software from Desktop Manager (I even have no clue what exactly it did).. after which the Messenger has appeared and works but most of the apps are gone. Good I have done a backup via BBSAK...
    I suspect that one of the reasons that causes this issue (invisibility and non-presence of certain apps after update) is in the new version of the core software (6.0.0.600), since that had never occurred to me before I upgraded the BBOS.
    ZeeSl likes this.
    07-28-11 09:03 PM
    I'm on .600.

I'm not suggesting it wasn't the root of your problem, but mine worked.

Are you running a custom theme?
    No, the stock one, with a BerryWeather wallpaper.
    07-29-11 09:02 AM
    I am having the exact same problem, & I haven't resolved it yet. I will have to restore the old version. According to this website: KB23968-BlackBerry Messenger disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone you have to have OS 6 version .75 or higher or the icon will disappear. Since the official AT&T release is .600 we are screwed.

Did you mean, 6.0.0.675? Does is exist?
    And how come BlackBerry sends a product upgrade knowing that it's not going to work properly with the latest official SW version?.. So - no upgrades or anything until the that 675 version?.. I am confused.
    07-29-11 09:08 AM
    Last I checked 600 was much higher a number than 75

07-29-11 09:31 AM
    Last I checked 600 was much higher a number than 75

Can you point me at the source where you have found that? On the forum's sticky note the latest one is 600, I also saw 616, but nothing higher than that.
    Upd.: Looked up the link, it does say 6.0.0.75. How is that corresponding with the three digit numbers like .576, 600, etc? Is it some different kind of versions?
    Last edited by ZeeSl; 07-29-11 at 09:49 AM.
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD