02-22-11 09:39 PM
103 ... 2345
tools
    just installed bbm6 on 9700 os 6.0.0.461 leaked, without deleting bbm 5.0.2.11, after reboot, can't open it by klicking the icon, or N for keyboard short cut still wont open. Then i deleted it....reinstall, enter new key code that i've re-requested and worked fine. bbm6 features pretty much like describe above...are ok, but no major GUI change. and whats killing me is, it eats alot of memorry, i had it idle for 5 hrs and my memory drops -30mb on meterberry....**** no. so now back at bbm 5.0.2.11

Also t4bb 1.0.1.13, i got lucky without entering the key and worked fine. little change on GUI, only on the top icons, and the DM works nice with chat bubble style, pretty much like social scope
    02-20-11 07:29 PM
    Installed over the BBM from beta zone - had no problems. Installed BBM 6 with keycode and worked fine...did not have to delete anything.

No major differences. Just more options from the menu...ie invite to BB, scan BBM group etc.

Courser was fixed with BBM from beta zone as previously mentioned in one of the replies.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    02-20-11 09:01 PM
    Installed over the BBM from beta zone - had no problems. Installed BBM 6 with keycode and worked fine...did not have to delete anything.

No major differences. Just more options from the menu...ie invite to BB, scan BBM group etc.

Courser was fixed with BBM from beta zone as previously mentioned in one of the replies.
    if peoples keycodes are working with this and its able to be installed over the beta zone BBM version, i wonder if its really a BBM 6.0 and not just a rebadges 5.0.2.11.
    02-20-11 09:10 PM
    Did anyone else notice the 55 new avatars in the profile pic options? (are thy there also in the beta version?)
    02-20-11 09:28 PM
    Message from a mod there....

Quote:
    According to previous messages from RIM, the BlackBerry Messenger Beta program is currently full and they are not accepting new users into the program. It is possible that RIM will open the program up in a while, but for now, there is no way to join the program.

As a further heads up, the BBM 6 download is an unauthorized leak and accordingly, RIM will not provide keycodes for it. Accordingly, at this point in time, it is best to stick with an official version of BBM. In addition, most users won't notice a difference between BBM 6 and BBM 5, so until the platform is ready for prime time, there is actually no real benefit to downloading BBM 6. In other words, at this point in time, it doesn't matter if you have access to BBM 6 or not. You won't notice any difference.
    02-20-11 09:41 PM
    I'm running bbm 6.0.0.31 on my 9700, I deleted the beta version using BBSAK, and installed the leaked 6.0. It asked me for a keycode and I entered the one I used for the betazone and it worked ;-p
    The betazone version had 13 modules, 6.0 has 15 modules. I did notice 55 new avatars in the profile pic options, so thats new.
    I haven't checked on sending larger pics yet.
    It runs a lot smoother and faster than the beta version...
    and yes the cursor is present.
    I have an avatar folder but it's empty. any idea what cod contains the avatars? tia!
    Last edited by yonkastone; 02-20-11 at 11:22 PM.
    02-20-11 11:03 PM
    if peoples keycodes are working with this and its able to be installed over the beta zone BBM version, i wonder if its really a BBM 6.0 and not just a rebadges 5.0.2.11.
    I can't speak for others, but, I tried installing over another version of BBM and it didn't work for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:52 PM
    For all of you who are desperate to get this to work, this is how i've managed it WITHOUT a code from Beta Zone. I must say that i managed it yesterday too with a different method, but after 24hrs it asked me for a code, so hopefully that doesn't happen again this time. Here goes though:

1. Use BBSAK to completely remove all the current BBM cods from your device (I had to delete cods several times as it seemed quite a few of them were stubborn)
    2. Use any JAD downloader (I used Lyricidal's BBHybrids tool) to download all the 6.0.0.31 cods to your computer.
    3. Double check that as above that all current BBM cods are completely removed from your device.
    4. Use BBSAK to install all the new BBM cods to your device EXCEPT the cod with the word "internal" in it's name.
    5. You should be good to go.

Results:
    1) In the application management section of my BB it shows app version 5.0.1.46 (the version i had installed before) but all the modules are 6.0.0.31
    2) The cursor IS back! (yipee!)
    3) There is a folder of 55 "avatars" available
    4) General UI etc has not changed in any way that i can tell.
    02-21-11 03:48 AM
    I can see how some crackberry addicts have been hovering over this topic for some time now, and to tell the truth i know how that feels. But the bottom line, bbm 6 isn't much of a sensational news, it's just a leak, whether legit, half legit or illegit at all, and there is not much worthy of upgrading to.
    02-21-11 06:14 AM
    BBM 6 Hybrid Nitro-x (6.0.0.31) Not Requires a Keycode, OS 6 Only
    OTA : BBM 6 Nitro-X
    02-21-11 07:28 AM
    is there no type of hybrid to get this on 5?
    02-21-11 08:09 AM
    Its still ask for keycode..

02-21-11 08:12 AM
    Can someone check whether their 'sequential messages' option works. Checking and unchecking seems to do nothing on mine.
    02-21-11 08:25 AM
    I can see how some crackberry addicts have been hovering over this topic for some time now, and to tell the truth i know how that feels. But the bottom line, bbm 6 isn't much of a sensational news, it's just a leak, whether legit, half legit or illegit at all, and there is not much worthy of upgrading to.
    I must agree. All those who are trying to get BBM6...there's nothing different. Not worth wasting time over. Wait till they start working on it to bring in all the new features.
    02-21-11 10:51 AM
    Works great here! Thanks

02-21-11 10:58 AM
    Please. You would swear you've never seen anything happen on CB.

People install hybrid OSs just to have a higher version number...

02-21-11 11:01 AM
    i have it running on my torch. you can send your location via bbm, one thing i noticed... i think the other person needs to have version 6 as well
    You could always send location via bbm
    02-21-11 11:27 AM
    i loaded this last night and it works fine except for bbm icons not loading for my contacts. does anyone have a fix for this? tia
    02-21-11 11:42 AM
    OTA : http://db.tt/X9nUuhm
    Hi all,

As stated earlier - this needs a key code. I must say - this is so frustrating. All I want is my cursor back in BBM.

Cheers

Craig

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-11 12:59 PM
    All I want is my cursor back in BBM.

Cheers

Craig
    Note: The following guide is not recommended for novice users who are not yet comfortable installing / modifying files on a BlackBerry. If you choose to follow the guide, you take the risk should anything go wrong.

Instructions:

1) Download OS 6.0.0.461 or ANY OS 6 of your choice.

2) Install the OS on your PC (it is recommended that you uninstall any previous OS you had installed before although not mandatory)

3) Backup your BlackBerry settings/emails/contacts using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

4) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

5) Delete the Vendor.xml file

6) Download and extract the files of BBM 5.0.2.11 from HERE

7) Copy all the COD files in the folder you just extracted to the following folder and overwrite all the files when prompted to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\XXX(YOUR OS INSTALLATION FOLDER)\Java

8) Shrink your OS using BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS (optional step and not neccessary to complete this guide)

9) Run Loader.exe to start the installation of your new OS.

10) After the OS has been loaded and the device restarts, launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then click Restore from the top right menu, then select the backup file which you created in the 3rd step.

You now have the latest leak and a working BBM with the cursor

Regards,

Matrix Leader
    02-21-11 01:13 PM
    I installed it over top of my previous BBM, it required a keycode. Seen some posts saying to delete BBM then install the leaked version. Did that, required a keycode AFTER a battery pull.
    02-21-11 02:33 PM
    I have it working, but found 2 issues (at least one of which was mentioned):

1. If I link a BBM contact with a BB contact, the "link" is gone after I reboot.

2. Can't combine sequential messages. I've unchecked and checked the box, but nothing will make this work (not a big deal). I saw that someone else had this problem as well.

If anyone has figured out a way to fix these issues, please let me know. Given that it's beta software, these aren't huge flaws.
    02-21-11 02:52 PM
    Hey, just wanted to give a heads up that BBH-Plus.net just posted a guide on how to install this BBM 6 leak as well as the new Facebook leak.

All I have to say is follow the instructions on this website at your own risk... KeyCode Workaround for BBM 6 and Facebook 1.9.1.5

02-21-11 09:31 PM
    Hi all,

Finally got this blasted thing to work.

You must use the app loader to do this. I could not do it with BBSAK.

You should begin with BBM v 5.0.1.46

Download BBM 5.0.2.11 and extract the cod files to the directory where your OS and java folders are. Overwrite the existing files.

Use app loader to load BBM to your BB.

Download and extract the BBM v6.0.0.31 and again extract the cods to your java folder and the alx file to your OS folder choosing to overwrite.

Use app loader to load the new BBM to your BB.

In application management, the version will say 5.0.1.46, but the module properties will say 6.0.0.31.

Many thanks to lucky45 for his posting on this.

After following these steps, no key code and the cursor is back.

Cheers

Craig

Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    02-22-11 04:12 AM
    Hi all,

Finally got this blasted thing to work.

You must use the app loader to do this. I could not do it with BBSAK.

You should begin with BBM v 5.0.1.46

Download BBM 5.0.2.11 and extract the cod files to the directory where your OS and java folders are. Overwrite the existing files.

Use app loader to load BBM to your BB.

Download and extract the BBM v6.0.0.31 and again extract the cods to your java folder and the alx file to your OS folder choosing to overwrite.

Use app loader to load the new BBM to your BB.

In application management, the version will say 5.0.1.46, but the module properties will say 6.0.0.31.

Many thanks to lucky45 for his posting on this.

After following these steps, no key code and the cursor is back.

Cheers

Craig

I've tried everything to get either of these to work, but neither of them will show up in the AppLoader. I'm going to go try this way, really hoping it works. I hate the cursor bug.
    Has anyone had it not even show up in the AppLoader like me? If yes, and you fixed it, how did you fix it?

Completely off-topic but whats BerryBlab?

Edit: Didn't get BBM6 but I did get the cursor fix (Woot Rhyme Time :P). Thank you!
    Last edited by McStoner; 02-22-11 at 07:57 AM.
    02-22-11 07:18 AM
103 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD