Its a RIM leak, but its not very impressive... making a jump to an 'OS6ish' BlackBerry Messenger should have a smoother, slicker UI, in my opinion... and a few more options, or at least re-organized simpler options (like the OS6)... like I said, not very impressive, and not worth the hassle if you don't have a keycode.
    02-19-11 09:31 PM
    I dont see all the excitement if it needs a keycode then
    02-19-11 10:40 PM
    I'd hate to see how often you posted about it if it was exciting!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-19-11 11:24 PM
    i honestly dont know if this is a, to create a new oxymoron, "legit leak". I noticed that when you dl this 6.0, the app info on the download screen it states the app name is "BBM" and the vendor is "Research In Motion" every other leak the app is "Blackberry Messenger" and the vendor is "Research In Motion, Limited" or maybe im over-analyzing.
    I noticed the same exact thing, more research needs to be done.
    No more research required!

This is a leak. That download screen is not part of the app; it is set up by whoever has leaked/posted/hosted the download.

Nothing to do with the authenticity or integrity of the app itself.
    Last edited by elite1; 02-19-11 at 11:37 PM.
    02-19-11 11:28 PM
    Its a RIM leak, but its not very impressive... making a jump to an 'OS6ish' BlackBerry Messenger should have a smoother, slicker UI, in my opinion... and a few more options, or at least re-organized simpler options (like the OS6)... like I said, not very impressive, and not worth the hassle if you don't have a keycode.
    Hey Joe, haven't crossed paths with you for months!

Just playing devil's advocate: remember that RIM hasn't released this yet. It's only assumptions that this is a release (or even BZ beta release) candidate.

For all we know, it's unfinished and GUI is going to be last piece to be updated by RIM dev's.
    02-19-11 11:34 PM
    comon now. this has to be scam
    What does that even mean? Which part "must be a scam"?
    02-19-11 11:40 PM
    Threads like this must not even be allowed as they are strictly for Beta Zone members. Useless to the majority really. Or at least it shoukd have a warning "do not install as if u don't have a keycode, u will waste ur time"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Matrix Leader; 02-19-11 at 11:43 PM.
    02-19-11 11:40 PM
    I'd hate to see how often you posted about it if it was exciting!
    Lol. So, we know who didn't get a keycode.
    02-19-11 11:51 PM
    Good one BL
    02-20-11 12:52 AM
    Threads like this must not even be allowed as they are strictly for Beta Zone members. Useless to the majority really. Or at least it shoukd have a warning "do not install as if u don't have a keycode, u will waste ur time"

OMG!!! ML is having a hissy-fit
    Can someone convey to ML that just because he didn't get a keycode, doesn't make this thread a waste like so many of his threads? Also suggest to him to start wearing Granny Panties instead of Thongs if he's going to get that uptight because he can't have it his way.....for once on here. Much appreciated.

BTW. I have a keycode, BBM didn't work, downgraded, grabbed a beer, life goes on.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-20-11 at 01:27 AM.
    andyahs likes this.
    02-20-11 12:59 AM
    ok so i get that this is a leak but why are we all doing 5.02.11 in beta zone at
    the moment ?
    then a 6 comes along surely that is ripping the **** ?
    M L get a life
    02-20-11 01:52 AM
    For those who wanna see bbm cursor appear, I suggest to instal this goos hybrid, no regret I promissed.
    Here is the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/hy...or-bbm-587353/

02-20-11 03:09 AM
    I'm running bbm 6.0.0.31 on my 9700, I deleted the beta version using BBSAK, and installed the leaked 6.0. It asked me for a keycode and I entered the one I used for the betazone and it worked ;-p
    The betazone version had 13 modules, 6.0 has 15 modules. I did notice 55 new avatars in the profile pic options, so thats new.
    I haven't checked on sending larger pics yet.
    It runs a lot smoother and faster than the beta version...
    and yes the cursor is present.
    Guatiao likes this.
    02-20-11 05:31 AM
    OMG!!! ML is having a hissy-fit
    Can someone convey to ML that just because he didn't get a keycode, doesn't make this thread a waste like so many of his threads? Also suggest to him to start wearing Granny Panties instead of Thongs if he's going to get that uptight because he can't have it his way.....for once on here. Much appreciated.

BTW. I have a keycode, BBM didn't work, downgraded, grabbed a beer, life goes on.
    Well said I pissed on my pant

02-20-11 05:35 AM
    This version of BBM came from a BlackBerry (the Sedona I believe) that is running OS 6.1.x.xxx

The new Twitter leak (that did make the front page on the CB Blogs) and the new Facebook leak also came from the same place.

The new Twitter leak had some new UI updates as well as a new icon and I was hoping maybe this new BBM would have something new and updated. By the sounds of what's been reported so far, seems as if it's not much different than BBM version 5.0.2.11 (that is currently available to Beta Zone members who participated in previous BBM betas). Truth be told tho, there isn't a whole lot of difference in version 5.0.2.11 compared to the officially released version of BBM in App World...EXCEPT for the hidden cursor issue...but I never experienced that issue anyway on my Torch.

02-20-11 06:02 AM
    i've used this version of bbm for a day now... no big differences in terms of speed, ui, or anything like that... i think that was to be expected though because bbm6 wasn't suppose to even go out to developers till march so maybe this is one the first test versions of it... who knows? also, i dont know anyone else that has bbm6 on my bbm list so maybe if i had another person with bbm6 then maybe i'd be given more options... just my $0.02
    02-20-11 08:38 AM
    To Delete BBM from your device...

To uninstall BBM:
    Plug in your BB
    Navigate to C:\Program Files\common files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*Current OS*
    Edit BlackBerryMessenger.alx and change the following:
    true to false
    Save BlackBerryMessenger.alx
    Navigate back to C:\Program Files\common files\Research In Motion\Apploader and run Loader.exe
    Once you get to the part where it asks what to install, you can now UNcheck BlackBerry Messenger. This will UNINSTALL BBM and allow you to install 6.0.0.30.

Also I did this and it needed a keycode, I had a keycode from current Beta that worked fine..
    02-20-11 10:59 AM
    seems sequential messages doesnt work even when selected. Mine creates a new bubble for each new time type.
    02-20-11 11:04 AM
    02-20-11 11:05 AM
    works great. no problems yet
    02-20-11 11:41 AM
    works for me too(with current BZ keycode). Not too much different yet, to me it runs real smooth, better then the BZ BBM.
    02-20-11 03:11 PM
    I am running the latest leak for the 9700 6.0.0.461 (1965) and have the latest beta from Beta Zone of BBM (5.0.2.11) and I have the cursor...
    From what everyone is saying I don't see why you're all rushing to download the 6.0 leak when it has nothing different from the 5.0.2.11 beta...
    Correct me if I'm wrong? But I definately have the cursor.
    02-20-11 05:40 PM
    I'm running bbm 6.0.0.31 on my 9700, I deleted the beta version using BBSAK, and installed the leaked 6.0. It asked me for a keycode and I entered the one I used for the betazone and it worked ;-p
    The betazone version had 13 modules, 6.0 has 15 modules. I did notice 55 new avatars in the profile pic options, so thats new.
    I haven't checked on sending larger pics yet.
    It runs a lot smoother and faster than the beta version...
    and yes the cursor is present.
    Yep, followed the same with a few reboots. Works fine for me.
    02-20-11 06:44 PM
    I am running the latest leak for the 9700 6.0.0.461 (1965) and have the latest beta from Beta Zone of BBM (5.0.2.11) and I have the cursor...
    From what everyone is saying I don't see why you're all rushing to download the 6.0 leak when it has nothing different from the 5.0.2.11 beta...
    Correct me if I'm wrong? But I definately have the cursor.
    I believe the disappearing cursor is an OS issue not a BBM issue.

I'm not seeing a difference with BBM 6 functionally, but hey, it is running fine.
    02-20-11 07:33 PM
    I believe the disappearing cursor is an OS issue not a BBM issue.
    Supposedly it was an issue with BlackBerry Messenger and some devices and OS's. The newest BBM version (5.0.2.11) which is available from BlackBerry Beta Zone (for some members whom participated in previous beta releases), corrects this "hidden cursor" issue.

Prior to downloading BBM from Beta Zone, there is some fine print that talks about this issue and that the new version (5.0.2.11) of BBM corrects it.

Just saying so you have all the facts. Personally, I never experienced the "hidden cursor" issue in ANY release of BBM whether Official, Leaked, or Beta. But some say that Torch users may have been immune for whatever reason. I can't speak for EVERY Torch user out there but some have agreed that they have not had the issue.

02-20-11 07:53 PM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD