I've done a search for this problem but all the other threads appear to relate to BBM 5...

When I try and send a picture to one of my contacts, I recieve a message stating "{name} was unable to save the file." but my contact doesn't recieve any notification that I tried to send the file. However they can send me a picture back.

I realise this is a problem at their end, and the only issue I know of is that their memory card is full. However they have since set pictures to be saved to the phone rather than the memory card.

I am running version 6.0.1.15 of BBM and I would assume that they are also running a version of BBM 6 as they have a 9900 as well.

Anyone any ideas? I dont want to have to tell them to downgrade to version 5!
    10-21-11 06:25 AM
    I have just purchased a 9900 on Saturday and I noticed this problem right away. I phoned my carrier (Optus in Australia) and they tried to go through a bunch of things that might fix the problem, however none of them worked. The technician then suggested that I uninstall BBM and then reinstall it. For this to happen, I had to end my conversation with him and he said he would phone me back in 1 hour. I had a feeling that it wasn't a problem with the installation and having been a blackberry user since 2005, I know that sometimes it can be some random thing that has been selected that will disable certain things on the handset.

I played around with a few things, however, this should be able to fix the problem. Of course my directions below will be different depending on the model you have.

Select and go to:

"Options"

then

"Security"

then

"Encryption"

under this you will see an area for "device memory" and "media card", make sure you UNCHECK both of these boxes (if you encrypt your device memory and have a password set on your phone, when your device is locked, it will not display the name of friends calling you...).

By doing this, I assume this then allows the handset to save the incoming photo in some temporary file on the media card.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Edwina
    10-31-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD