Hey everyone,

So it's been about 2 weeks since I installed BBM6 Beta from the BetaZone and I have noticed my battery life has gone completely down hill. I usually end my day with at least 50% remaining, but as of recently I have noticed that through half the day, I'll be at 50%. I often am going into the red zone by the end of the day (super rare, never happened before this).

Anyone else have battery drain from BBM6 Beta or any suggestions?
    05-11-11 08:23 PM
    Hey everyone,

So it's been about 2 weeks since I installed BBM6 Beta from the BetaZone and I have noticed my battery life has gone completely down hill. I usually end my day with at least 50% remaining, but as of recently I have noticed that through half the day, I'll be at 50%. I often am going into the red zone by the end of the day (super rare, never happened before this).

Anyone else have battery drain from BBM6 Beta or any suggestions?
    This and the issue with it lagging is the reason I have actually went back to the latest official release of bbm.
    tuffy100 likes this.
    05-11-11 08:40 PM
    This and the issue with it lagging is the reason I have actually went back to the latest official release of bbm.
    good to hear i finally pin-pointed the source of the battery drain! currently downgrading to BBM 5
    05-11-11 08:52 PM
    i had the same problem with the lagging/random shuffling of messages in the chat...so i downgraded to 5.
    05-12-11 10:31 AM
    Yeah, tried BBM6 Beta for a while, but soon went back to BBM5 for better battery life, less lag and way fewer issues.
    05-12-11 12:39 PM
    I notice more memory leak with BBM6 as well. Never had any memory leak before, but notice it a lot with BBM6
    05-12-11 02:19 PM
    I'm using the beta version also...but I don't use it 24/7. I use it on occasion during the day. Maybe because of that, I haven't noticed any real lag.

One thing that I have noticed is that sometimes tho, when I send a message, it won't get delivered right away, but it will be delayed...however I've experienced that with BBM 5 also.
    05-12-11 02:54 PM
    Since downgrading back to BBM 5 (which I am completely fine with, not much different from BBM 6 at all), I have 85% battery left after 8 hours of moderate use. Thrilled to have this battery life back
    05-12-11 06:06 PM
    how do i downgrade? :/
    05-13-11 03:57 PM
    how do i downgrade? :/
    Just go to BlackBerry App World and download/install latest official version (5.0.3.22 now) and all will be good.
    05-14-11 10:52 AM
    my appworld says the installed version is 6.x, even after uninstalling!
    05-14-11 01:46 PM
    i noticed an immediate drop in battery life after installing BBM 6. i ended up ditching it in favor of the newest official release after only 2 days. battery life since then has returned back to normal. i think im done using beta BBM 6 until its officially released.
    05-15-11 03:57 AM
    ohhhh that must be the culprit of my terrible battery lately... I wiped my phone and did a fresh install of everything so I wasn't able to pinpoint it. Hopefully that helps.
    05-15-11 04:15 AM
    ohhhh that must be the culprit of my terrible battery lately... I wiped my phone and did a fresh install of everything so I wasn't able to pinpoint it. Hopefully that helps.
    thats where im putting my money.
    05-15-11 05:31 AM
    BBM 6 is fine on my 8520 tho. Had mad battery drain and uninstalled then installed latest BBM 5 but made absolutely no difference so re-installed BBM 6.

Saw another thread that advised to disable compression.. did it yesterday and my battery seems to have improved quite a lot. Normally from like 9-5 i'd already be down to just over 40%. 13 hours since yesterday and i had about 37% left just before i plugged charger in. Once fully charged gonna see how long it lasts till battery runs out.

UPDATE 1: Charger off since 8:30 this morning... 16:37 now and have 65% left after 2 calls, numerous BBM's and Emails and Facebook/Twitter browsing. Further update later.

UPDATE 2: 21:07 with more BBMs and twitter/facebook and battery at 20% now. Probably gonna die in about 2 hours. Further update later.

UPDATE 3: at 23:28 phone was at 4%. Thats about 15hrs or so. Much better than previous where by 7PM im having to recharge.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 05-17-11 at 03:07 AM.
    05-15-11 08:58 AM
    Absolutely terrible battery drain with 6.0 beta for the last week or so. Down to 50% or less by lunchtime and I usually have it fully charged at 8am. Hope RIM fixes this before an official release.

Downgrading to official 5.0 now.
    06-02-11 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD